PDA

View Full Version : Closed Amiga 600 spares (see inside for wants)

Simon_G
5th September 2011, 22:45
I picked up a decent haul of 8 bit computers and assorted peripherals from an ebayer yesterday and I managed to get an Amiga 500+ and a Amiga 600 thrown in for free. YAY. Being an 8 bit guy I have NO spares whatsoever for any of the 16 bit machines so I thought of asking here as you all seem a nice bunch :D

Although they both work, the Amigas need a little TLC to bring them back to their former glories, so I am going to start here with the A600.

I would like to get hold of the following...

* A white (or as close to as possible) top and bottom case - The casing I have here is yellow, well more dyno-rod orange to be precise so I would like to recase it if possible into something more, well attractive. Not fussed if the top and bottoms are not from the same machine, as long as they look ok and and are less orange than I already have :D. Screws would be a bonus and decent retr0brite efforts will be accepted ;)

* A white (or close as possible) keyboard - As this currently matches the casing in colour :D

* A less noisy floppy drive - The one i have inside the A600 works but is pigging noisy so I would like a replacement if possible.

* 1MB chipram upgrade, either a 601 or a 604 if someone wants to get shot of one?)

Already have the KS3.1 and a 2mb Sram card on its way along with a 4GB HDD and cable so I am getting there slowly :)

I am in the UK so would prefer to get this lot from a UK forumite to cut down on costs.

tokyoracer
5th September 2011, 23:37
A less noisy floppy drive - The one i have inside the A600 works but is pigging noisy so I would like a replacement if possible.

Kickstart 2.05 37.350 - I already have the 37.300 kickstart but would like to upgrade this so I can tackle the larger hard drives (I have several 80GB IDE's sitting here doing nothing!)
It's nothing unusual for Amiga's to have loud disk drives, although some where more noisy then others granted. As for your Kickstart's, you might aswell get version 3.1, for the price you pay for a later revision 2.05. That way you open your options too.

These are just suggestions but feel free to ignore them and I wish you the best in finding what you want.

Simon_G
10th September 2011, 22:41
Just a quick update...

I have managed to source a case, keyboard and floppy drive so I just need to get hold of a 3.1KS for the A600 and a set of kickstart discs to accompany it.

liviux76
17th September 2011, 15:22
Hi,
I am selling a full set of WB 3.0 here.
http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?p=209315#post209315
Send me a PM if you need more info.
Thanks,
Liviux76

tokyoracer
17th September 2011, 15:34
Hi,
I am selling a full set of WB 3.0 here.
http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?p=209315#post209315
Send me a PM if you need more info.
Thanks,
Liviux76
WB 3.0 was only for the A1200 and A4000. There never was a WB 3.0 for the A600 or any other Amiga for that matter. Although you could put 3.0 on 3.1 ROM's if you really wanted.

Merlin
17th September 2011, 15:43
@ Simon_G

I think that Vesalia in Germany still stock KS 3.1 ROMs for the A500/600/2000 (it's the same ROM for all three machines).

http://www.vesalia.de

They may not have much stock remaning though. Amigakit may also have some 3.1 ROMs in stock and I'm sure that Matt from Amigakit will post here if they have some.

Simon_G
17th September 2011, 17:23
Thanks guys,

Will probably get the rom from AmigaKit or Vesalia if I get no joy on here, so I am definately after WB3.1 as I am afte rthe 3.1 rom.

Simon_G
18th September 2011, 20:42
Got the rom now :) Just need WB3.1 :)

Simon_G
24th September 2011, 00:19
Totally let down by ebay seller, sending me filthy casings, keyboard and a floppy drive when in fact they were described as white (no it was not airey36 but someone completely different) so I am in the hunt for these parts again.

All I have is the 3.1 kickstart so I need everything else.

Have updated the top post with added wants too.

Simon_G
30th October 2011, 16:59
Please close