PDA

View Full Version : Just when you thought the site couldn't get any better....

Merlin
1st April 2009, 23:36
As part of the changes being made to the management of the site, we thought we would add even more awesomeness to our AmiBay team.

It is with the greatest of pleasure that we announce the addition of three more new Moderators to the team; SkyDivinGirl, Charlie and Imnogeek. SdG is also the first female member to join the AmiBay management team and I am sure she will keep us all in line... :mrgreen:

I am sure that you are all speechless with how totally awesome the site will be with these new Moderators on board.

Welcome to you all.

TheCorfiot
1st April 2009, 23:43
SkyDivinGirl, Charlie and Imnogeek
Welcome to you all my good friends and big congratulations on your appointments. :D
It is indeed a proud moment as the Site just gets Better & Stronger with the addition of such talents.

Best Wishes & Enjoy

TC :mrgreen:

Harrison
1st April 2009, 23:46
Welcome to the team everyone. I hope you will all enjoy being a part of such a great site that has come a long way in a short space of time.

rkauer
2nd April 2009, 02:24
Welcome, guys and gal!

SdG: since I can't find a flower gif, receive this as one.

T_Hairy_Bootson
2nd April 2009, 02:57
Welcome to the team newbies. :lol:

SkydivinGirl
2nd April 2009, 03:26
Thank you all for the opportunity to help with the site. I will do my best!!!

Heather

Zetr0
2nd April 2009, 05:04
@SdG

have they told you about the Hazing ritual yet?!

thay havent...?!?!? :shock: :shock:

hmm.... best stock up on candles and rubber bands then.....

@Charlie

Good to see you part of the team my friend :)

@Imnogeek

well you certainly are now my friend, :)

To my good friend TC

I knew you had it in you :)

Shoonay
2nd April 2009, 07:21
Congratz, gal and guys ;)

keropi
2nd April 2009, 07:35
congrats !!!

imnogeek
2nd April 2009, 12:07
Thank you all for the trust you have placed in me, I am very pleased to be able to help Amibay and it's community and hope that I will live up to your expectations :)

SdG: since I can't find a flower gif, receive this as one. @rkauer
I found some flowers and send them from us both to SDG http://bestsmileys.com/flowers/8.gif

Just one small problem, I spent my youth being what was called a Rocker, you know the what I mean.. Rock music, leather jacket, jeans, long hair (still got that)
...and now I'm a Mod :shock: I draw the line at parka jackets and Vespas, OK :mrgreen:

TheCorfiot
2nd April 2009, 12:14
Just one small problem, I spent my youth being what was called a Rocker, you know the what I mean.. Rock music, leather jacket, jeans, long hair (still got that)
...and now I'm a Mod :shock: I draw the line at parka jackets and Vespas, OK :mrgreen:

I'm still a Rocker too :wink:
I also used to have very long black hair too, it didn't turn grey though, just started falling out instead. :cry:

Welcome to the team Imnogeek, Now when do we start talking Acorn's :lol:

Best Wishes

Merlin
2nd April 2009, 13:35
Did somebody mention ROCK!!!??? Not 'arf mate!!

:D

Merlin starts playing Bachman Turner Overdrive - You Ain't seen Nothin' Yet.....

keropi
2nd April 2009, 13:44

well that makes 2 long-haired mods here :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
and I have seen the light : METAL RULZ

Merlin
2nd April 2009, 13:51
@ keropi

I might not have the hair, but I'm definitely in the Rock & Metal category.....

(we need a headbanger smiley)

8)

TheCorfiot
2nd April 2009, 14:17
@keropi

I still play some serious rock riffery & high speed neo-classical solo's, but do I need to wear a wig now whilst I play ? :lol:
I thought I was Bas**rd enough with just a Stratocaster around my neck :shock:

OT / Blackmore IS GOD !!! :wink:

imnogeek
2nd April 2009, 14:29
OT / Blackmore IS GOD !!!
and Brian May is his dad http://bestsmileys.com/music2/2.gif http://bestsmileys.com/music1/17.gif http://bestsmileys.com/music2/2.gif

SkydivinGirl
2nd April 2009, 15:24
@Everyone

Thanks for the flowers! That really is sweet! Of course, showering me with retro computer gifts would be nice as well... :wink:

@Zetro

Hazing?!? Rubber Bands?!? Candles?!? What have I gotten myself into!?! :P

@imnogeek and Charlie

Congratulations to my fellow newbz. We're all in the boat floating down the river. Which on of you brought the paddles?

Heather

rkauer
2nd April 2009, 19:11
I'm a rocker too. :D All kinds of rock (but emmo, bleargh!).

From 60s up today. I use to have long hair... sigh...

BTO, Merlin? Nice selection!

Merlin
2nd April 2009, 21:05
Yeah Rogerio....

Van Halen, Sabbath, Y&T (let's see if anyone knows them), Saxon, Hawkwind, Sammy hagar, I could go on all night.....

Hey H or Z

Can we have an online Radio AmiBay station on the site, pleeeeezz......???

"This is Scandinavian 101, for God's sake get your ground lights on....."

/Merlin plays Saxon - 747 - Strangers in The Night...........

Kin Hell
5th April 2009, 16:50
Popular Scene wasn't it! - Rock that is. :wink:
It's where I spent my mis-used youth too.
Long Hair; Leather Jacket with Cut-Off & Jeans; Shiny Black Buckled Boots; Kawasaki Motor Cycles; ACDC, QUO & the gang.....Great days in so many ways.

Glad to hear ing draws the line @ Vespas & Parkers too. Those Targets were for snipers! :lol:

Apologies for not being around during all this excitement. One or two other commitments can fully take the blame.

Congratulations to all AmiBay Staff now with New roles! :D

Kin

Merlin
5th April 2009, 18:07
Patchouli Oil, anyone?

:mrgreen:

Shoonay
5th April 2009, 18:10
Yes please! With onions and garlic for me.