Ya' Like it Retr0?
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Hello there my fellow AmiBay'ers

Now, I have thought long and hard about this one since TC has been priming me and preparing me for the Beeb side, there is only one thing left for me to get and that is, as a friend would put it...

One of Sugars Babies

I would like to have a CPC464 or (and preferably) a CPC464+

I plan to use it as a development work-horse and obviously a few shows in the future.

I did give some thought to the 664, 6128 and 6128+ but aside the general retail value of these the 464 lends itself to be upgradeable, besides it would be nice to be able to use that external DD-1 I have here =)

there is a couple on fleabay I am watching at the moment, but I would rather spend my pocket money here with my fellow retro-heads - so if you have something, be it lying under the sofa, or stuck ontop of a cupboard, please let me know =)

I really should say that a PSU / Monitor is not required =)

I have a 464 I would consider parting with.
I really need to clear some space in my computer room!

I'll get some photos of it arranged if you would be interested.

Tape drive. The strange blu-tack & cover is to protect the ever-so fragile counter reset button
View attachment 17229

Inside, of tape drive
View attachment 17230

An arty shot of the beast
View attachment 17231

Full frontal!
View attachment 17232

Shot from the rear.
View attachment 17233

From the bottom
View attachment 17234

Side on
View attachment 17235

Ohhh, totally nekked! :wooha:
View attachment 17236

Yes, its a bit dirty, but should clean up very well. Everything is working on it, all keys etc. The drive belts replaced a few years back, azimuth realigned the other month. I can even supply the necessaries to power it from a +3 PSU

All I am asking for in payment is an attempt repair to my A1200 "Greenscreen" mobo, so a bit of your time (worth a lot, I know :bowdown:) and a capacitor or two (hopefully at least)

Last edited:
Wish I had Zetr0's skills, my trades would be cheaper on my pocket :D

sent from Xperia Play via tapatalk.

I've got a green monitor you can have to power and display this baby until you get hold of a colour one chap. ;)

Ok.

PM's replied etc. CPC and A1200 mobo packed up ready for courier collection tomorrow.

As a Brucie-bonus, I have also included an original spiral bound 464 manual so Zetr0 can learn to program in Amstrad Basic! Well, he has to start somewhere!!! :D

I guess now, all that remains is the 464+... but I'm keeping mine!!!

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Wish I had Zetr0's skills, my trades would be cheaper on my pocket :D
sent from Xperia Play via tapatalk.

*Sigh*
So do I... I try, but usually fail when it comes to the real fiddly stuff. I didn't fancy giving the A1200 a go. Still only a yellow belt when it comes to soldering.

So lets recap, a Beeb on the way and now an Amstrad too, when are you going to start the hunt for an Archie and go for the set? :LOL:

The most gracious beeb is going to be my hard-core 6502 work/dev system whichI get to share with TC, the Amstrad is going to be my Porting-station for Spectrum Hardware and vice versa

My sincere thanks for the basic manual, I am looking forward to reading that! and upgrading the 464 to 128k or more (I think the max is 567KB), adding the DD-1 and 3" FDD all of which I have here waiting - then to eventually add an internal Hard drive for playing snapshots / loading / saving programs etc. =)

All a visit on my quest to develop the Universal 8bit IDE adapter ;)

LOL...... well theres not a lot left really... hmmm archie 3020 sounds kinda cool, but I was thinking Tatung Einstein 256k or an MSX II... but I have a lot of stuff planned for the beeb! that comes first!

yes.... an MSX 2 is sounding appealing right now! but I must wait ;)

adding the DD-1 and 3" FDD all of which I have here waiting - then to eventually add an internal Hard drive for playing snapshots / loading / saving programs etc. =)
Hard drive sounds VERY interesting :)
Just a word of warning about the FD1 (external drive). It is the drive that powers the expansion card (DDI-1) through some "unused" pins of the floppy connector, not the Amstrad.

It'll work fine, as designed with the DDI-1, but don't connect the floppy drive to anything else! At the back of the FD-1, on the board that accepts the 34pin connector, there is a little connector designed to send 5v down to unsuspecting hardware. Pop this out when connecting it elsewhere.

I think this was Alan Sugar's way of culling PCs.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom