PDA

View Full Version : Found Amiga 4000

8bitbubsy
25th September 2011, 14:26
I know this machine is requested a lot, but I'll give it a try. I really want one.
Broken or not, I will consider buying one. You must be willing to ship it to Norway.

Jon Hare
25th September 2011, 15:33
PM on the way...

Caius
25th September 2011, 15:44
I have an Amiga 4000 that doesn't work. I don't really know what's wrong with it. Maybe it's easy to repair, and maybe it's not. But I'll tell you what I know.

When turning it on the PSU starts, but the Amiga only shows a black screen. I don't remember if ctrl-amiga-amiga makes it reboot or not, but I can find out (but it definitely won't make it boot). It worked until last summer. It was not unstable before that, it just suddenly stopped working. The battery was removed before I bought it (properly unsoldered), and there's no sign of leaking. As far as I can tell there's no leaking from any caps either. It's entirely possible that it's simply the PSU that is bust.

Some of the plastic clips on the simm sockets have broken off. One clip on the Chip RAM socket and one on the second Fast RAM socket. Having a SIMM in the first socket will hold the Chip in place, but I used to have to open the case every now and then to reseat it.

The case looks very good. No yellowing (except the floppy bezel).

It has kickstart 3.1, buster 11 and an A3630 cpu card. I have a 4MB simm for Fast RAM. I'm pretty sure I also have the other three somewhere but I'll have to look for them. No promises there.

The keyboard is pretty ugly (yellowed) and the J key has snapped off. But I have a Lyra that you get have for free and use a PC keyboard. I also have an Indivision AGA 4000 SD/FF that you can get for a fair price. I'm not greedy, I just don't want to give it away for free.

Let me know if you want it or have other questions about it. Since we both live in the same part of the country you can pick it up if you want, or I can ship it.

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

Seems I got ninja'd :lol:

orb85750
25th September 2011, 19:15
PM sent

8bitbubsy
26th September 2011, 01:34
I've made a deal with Caius for an Amiga 4000, and I'll post here in the thread when I receive the package so the thread can be closed. :)

davideo
26th September 2011, 08:14
I've made a deal with Caius for an Amiga 4000, and I'll post here in the thread when I receive the package so the thread can be closed. :)

I'll change the thread prefix to FOUND but it can't be closed until feedback has been given :thumbsup:

Dave G :cool:

Caius
29th September 2011, 14:53
Shipped.

8bitbubsy
2nd October 2011, 20:37
Got the Amiga in perfect shape, thread can be closed. :thumbsup: