PDA

View Full Version : Offered 3" Disk conversion

Chinners
4th October 2011, 12:40
I have just retro-fitted a 3" drive into my PC to back up some of my old Amstrad and Spectrum disks.

For a short "toe-dipping" time, I would like to offer the following services.

Service 1
Copy Disk to .DSK Image & Email image back
Free with no return postage (I keep disks)

Service 2
Copy Disk to .DSK Image, email .DSK image & post original back.
1, plus return postage fee.

Service 3
Attempt to clone 3" to 3". End user to supply both source & destination disks

Service 4
Attempt to clone 3" to 3.5" DD for use with modified PC drives.
(0.50p extra if I supply the 3.5" DD floppy)

If the 3" disk is broken, or has many bad sectors, I won't be able to successfully read or clone a disk.

Backing up your copy protected disks is a bit hit & miss (I have had about a 90% hit rate). Please note, I have yet to find an emulator that will work correctly with a copy protected disk image, and currently cannot test 3" copy protected games. I can only test 3.5" disks on an Amstrad CPC.

The disk images will not be put in the public domain unless you expressly state you wish it to be, and it is your own work.

I am UK based, but my offer has no borders, just a bit more in the way of return shipping fees.

I will put a short expiry date on this service at 27 November 2011, partly as I am just testing the water, but mainly to prevent requests for this in 20 years time!

PM me for requests & more info.

Thanks

(@Mods, as this is the first service offer, and have no real point of reference please let me know if I have gone outside the guidelines)

AmiNeo
4th October 2011, 13:04
I misread the thread title there for half a second!!! :lol:

Looks awsome, Good luck with this :thumbsup:

Harrison
5th October 2011, 16:23
(@Mods, as this is the first service offer, and have no real point of reference please let me know if I have gone outside the guidelines)

Looks perfect to me Jasey. Thanks for offering this service.