VIP
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Hi,

Does anyone have an IDEFix interface going spare, mine appears to have died suddenly.

Please state price including postage.

Thanks

Merlin

Hi Merlin, which particular interface do you have, is it the IDEFix'97 interface, or one of the Eyetech variety, or something else? It depends on what you want, as to what I can offer you, but as you know I am "local" to you, D.T.

The one I have is the Eyetech one, although I would accept any version as long as it gets my system back up again.

I think an old 1.7Gb Fujitsu laptop hard drive died and took the old interface with it.

Ta

Merlin

I'm sure I have an Eyetech interface nearby, so bear with me if you want that, but there is more important information in this message later on. Had you a reasonable price you were prepared to pay, or do you know what you paid for your last one?

I've got to say, that the price of the Eyetech unit that Amigakit sell for £10.79 has got to be a good price for what it is, and maybe you would do best to get a new one from there, as I could not offer it cheaper than £10 anyway.

The spare I have is new, and I paid much more than that for it when I bought it, so would not want to sell it for less than £10.

I have to say though that if you want a better interface the Elbox basic IDE adapter, the wedge shaped one E-IDE'99, is a much better adapter overall as it allows you to even add a DVD drive/recorder to your system, and you can register burning software such as Frying Pan with the author, which is being updated all the time, and then you can backup 4GB of data at a time. It also supports LBA so hard drives larger than 128GB are supported.

I have used both, and I use the Elbox basic E-IDE'99 board one most of the time. I have a Fast-ATA board but it interferes with my clockport card so I haven't fitted it in my main machine because of that.

Let me know if you still want mine, but maybe in these circumstances the boards from Amigakit would be better for you.

D.T.

A tenner sounds good to me mate, thanks. I have the install disk and my own serial number for the Eyetech one. That gets me out of a hole very nicely indeed :D

Can you please PM me some deets and I can arrange with you to collect it and make payment, as we are both in Mancland?

:)

Merlin

@ DT

I haven't forgotten, I am laid up ill with a chest infection at the moment. I will call you once I fell recovered enough to go out.

Merlin

Hi Merlin,

Thanks for letting me know, I did wonder, but will keep it to one side, for when you are better, better than what I don't know . . . well better than an ill person that's what :D

D.T.

Many thanks to DubbleTrubble for a a smooth transaction and a nice trip out to Bury/Radcliffe for me and my son with the broken foot, I think he needed the fresh air...

LOL

Merlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom