The Qube RiscOS Server...

Charlie

.. . Mouse . ..
Country
UK
Region
Wirral
Hello fellow forum peeps:

Here's a little something some of us have been quietly working on for a bit and it's just about in good enough shape to have a public outing...
...very much a work in progress.

http://grope.thruhere.net/Qube/home.html

So what's it about?
Some of us Acorn, um, nuts..? are a little cheesed-off with the crappy scene this fantastic platform is saddled with - quite apart from the daily disappearance of RiscOS software and resources into the ether for no better reason than thoughtless neglect...

...This is the beginning of our small effort to put things right. :D

So what's this to do with AmiOracle..? Well apart from a poor excuse for some advertising it's all Adobe's fault...

...The above website is pretty well my first attempt @ HTML, let alone all the server software running behind it...
...there's a couple of useful flash-based thingies I want to embed - I've done it, it works under 'localhost' but that's where things go runny courtesy of Adobe's overcomplicating things:

Flash now has a 'feature' where external computers receiving content must apply for security clearance via a certificate served via the um, server...
...this requires opening a dedicated TCP port (security?) for host & client to talk over. Then you need to arrange broardcasting said certificate over said port...
...I can't get it to work! :cry:

Does anybody here know about this stuff? Would you mind explaining it to me?
Simple English for my simple brain please. Thanks.

Ah, yes.
For those here who don't know me well I'm rarely capable of short posts.
P.S.
No, it doesn't work correctly with IE7. ;)

Back
Top Bottom