Not open for further replies.

WelshWizard

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
New Zealand
Region
Auckland Auckland province New Zealand
I have two 130XE but have have faults in the key board trace, tried repairing but no good, so I am looking for two of them in good working order,
Does any one out there have some for sale, I am in New Zealand, but as these should not be heavy for posting I am looking world wide, ( do not need the whole key board, only the trace.)

Add on from what I have been told the 65XE trace does not work on the 130XE so only ones from a 130XE Please.

You can find someone who is able to fix your Keyboards: I'm sure there are several members, here on AmiBay, who may repair (and save) them.

Cheers,
Oge

from what I have been told the 65XE trace does not work on the 130XE so only ones from a 130XE Please.

That’s not true I have both a 130XE and a 65XE and they have the same keyboard. However I have seen two different types of key boards fitted to the XEs. One as metal springs under the key tops and the other plastic cups. They are totally different design so you cannot swaps parts between them.

John

its the clear plastic matrix mat that has cracked on both so they will have to be replaced, tried using the pen method after about four touches on the keyboard the trace failed again even with reinforcing on the non contact side.
I have been toying with the idea of making up a circuit board to match the trace and trying that, but at the moment I thought it would be easier to just find some new matrix sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom