Storm

SYS64738
AmiBayer
Country
Australia
Region
Victoria
Hi people,

I have done a heap of searching for answers before coming here but to no avail. I have a legally registered version of WHDload. My setup is an Amiga 2000 with a GVP G-Force 030 with a 500MB SCSI HD and 2 MB Chip ram and about 24 MB of proper fast ram. I am using Amiga OS 3.9 too.

Now, the strange thing is I can copy WHDload installations to ram and the programs execute as they should. Unfortunately they don't work from the hard drive (I tried different paritions to). I though it was a Max transfers setting problem which I played around with and later read something where SCSI apparently doesn't look at that setting.

An example software I have been experimenting with is the Wildfire Demo - In Full Affect. Works in ram but not from HD.

Someone save me before my head explodes! :LOL:

Thanks in advance...

Tried the usual tooltypes? NoVBRMove , NoAutovec etc? I usually need the mess about with those to get whdload to work happy with most non AGA setups for some silly reason.

Are you saying that after hours of pain and suffering ... My whdload games won't work straight away on my 500 bahhh

On the A500 I usually just set a global preference on NoAutoVec.

Just doing that made it work wit most games without messing about. (y)

Do you have the kickstart images in the proper DEVS:kickstart drawer and an assign to it?

Yep, I have all kickstarts with correct filenames in the Devs/Kickstarts folder. The games and demos run fine from RAM, just not from the Hard Drive. I have tried different tooltypes as well with no success.

Tried the HDD in Winuae to see if it's the disk or your amiga setup?

I'd say that the files are being corrupted when written to disk. Which would imply the HDD is flakey. Had similar issues with dodgy CF cards over IDE before.

Solved!!!

Solved!!!

Problem Solved!!!!!!!!!

Found after experimenting that I had to turn the GVP Fast ROM option off in the user startup for OS3.9. That option works for 3.1 but not for 3.9.

Ciao ... (y)

Back
Top Bottom