How to extract music from games?

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Hi

What I need to extract music from Amiga games? Any special HW or Soft?

I want to extract the music from some games and convert it in "standard" sound files.

Thanks

my question is if exits a way to extract music directly from the disc games or the only way is to play the game and record music on external devices

A lot depends on the game in question - but for a fair number of older games you could play the game until the music you want is loaded, reset the Amiga and boot into a music ripper, which would then scan the machine's memory searching for sound modules. Later games and demos took active countermeasures against that, and there are also various compressed mod formats and custom player formats that make life tricky. Just to muddy the waters even further, sometimes the module's in a part of memory that's overwritten when the ripper runs. In short, ripping sound modules is possible but it's a hit-and-miss affair.

Unfortunately I can't remember the process well enough to recommend a particular ripper, though I do have a vague memory of one called "Jack the Ripper".

You can use a program called ProWizard which iirc can rip mod files out of disk images. If you have an action replay hardware you can freeze and use that to rip some music too. Check http://amigamusic.tripod.com/rippers.html out it will give you a lot of options but generally I used to use Pro Wizard in the old days.

Back
Top Bottom