PDA

View Full Version : Closed stuff for my A500+

ShambleS1980
29th October 2011, 13:07
I need some sort of video cable.. "rgb out to tv some how"
A mouse of some sort..
and i see that this has a "disk drive" connector at the back. What goes in theire if it lets me hook up a ide hard disk i want one of those too please..

ok sorry i put this in other "force of habbit" can it be whisked away to amiga please?

mjnurney
29th October 2011, 13:15
The Amiga 500 and all the others can use a RGB / Scart lead or B/W from the composite port or colour composite from an A520 modulator if you have one.

The Disk drive port is for external floppy drives not hard drives. (3.5 or 5.25 floppy drives)

The hard drives fit in to the large zorro port on the right as you look at the keyboard.

cheers.

---------- Post added at 13:15 ---------- Previous post was at 13:15 ----------

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=21410

thats an A520

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=21018

and here is a hard drive and cd-rom

Jon Hare
29th October 2011, 13:52
I could deliver all requested parts :)

ShambleS1980
29th October 2011, 14:41
How much to the uk please.

fitzsteve
29th October 2011, 14:48
I have a modulator and cables you can have for cost of postage only. Maybe some other useful bits if you want me to make up a small box and send as a parcel. Drop me a PM if interested :-)
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-gb; HTC_DesireHD Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

davideo
29th October 2011, 16:20
ok sorry i put this in other "force of habbit" can it be whisked away to amiga please?

Moved :thumbsup:

Dave G :cool:

fitzsteve
1st November 2011, 18:54
Box of goodies sent today :thumbsup:

ShambleS1980
3rd November 2011, 17:58
and greatfully recived :D

I have a mouse and i can see the stuff on tv now lol.. (always a help)

I still need whatever i need to put a hard disk on the thing..
I dont know what that is or where to get one lol. i also dont know what i need to put on it or if i need anything on my A500+ before i can add it, "software?"

Help would be apretiated Id like to have something like whdload on it if thats possible.

rkauer
3rd November 2011, 18:52
With 2Mb chip RAM (A501+ or other A500+ chip RAM add-on), the 2.x ROM you already have and an IDE + FAST RAM (like the ones Tomtull sale in this very site) or a SCSI solution + some FAST RAM (A590, GVP SCSI+RAM or even a combination of an external SCSI/IDE drive and Tom's FAST RAM) and you'll have a perfect WHDLoad machine for OCS/ECS.

ShambleS1980
3rd November 2011, 20:11
With 2Mb chip RAM (A501+ or other A500+ chip RAM add-on), the 2.x ROM you already have and an IDE + FAST RAM (like the ones Tomtull sale in this very site) or a SCSI solution + some FAST RAM (A590, GVP SCSI+RAM or even a combination of an external SCSI/IDE drive and Tom's FAST RAM) and you'll have a perfect WHDLoad machine for OCS/ECS.

lol..
I understand "2Mb" "2.x rom" and thats about it lol..
I will search for the rest of the stuff lol.

rkauer
4th November 2011, 02:57
Sorry for the short explanation.

There are lots of way to expand the A500+, but mainly you need to:

1- Expand the chip RAM (up to 2Mb), but even 1.5Mb (using an ancient A501/equivalent from A500) will make the machine more WHDLoad-ready;

2-Get some FAST RAM. Although you can use the A500+ without it, the speed under the OS is not great. Even 2Mb of FAST RAM will lease a new life to any A500 machine with a gain of around 33% with just some RAM.

There are several options to achieve this memory, from old school slot expansions (combined or not with a SCSI/IDE controller) to brand-new Tomthul's 2/4/8Mb (optionally with IDE, too).

3- The HD controller itself, from old SCSI to a few IDE controllers. This is the most important piece of a WHDLoad machine, as the HD is the place where the games & demos will be stored and played from.

Plus, it is extremely comfortable to use an Amiga with an HD!:nod:

4- Finally, an accelerator (020 CPU onwards) can let you have even more than 8Mb of FAST RAM and quit from WHDLoad games (most games will not quit when the CPU is the original 68000) without resetting the machine. This is totally optional and just a leet factor for a game rig.

5-Other boards like a USB rig (there are a few in public domain for the 68000 Amigas!) or a Subway (using a clockport adapter) are just uber-leet and not for the day-to-day user. Add if you have the money or a strong will to make a super A500+!

ShambleS1980
4th November 2011, 13:16
So i want to buy 1 of these :)
Tomthul's 2/4/8Mb with IDE

cant seem to find one though.:Doh:

ShambleS1980
8th November 2011, 23:31
ok I THINK what i need to buy is a....
GVP Impact Series II A500-HD+ Expansion Card
right?
it would let me have up to 8mb fast ram and a hard disk yes?
Then id be set to go..

cosmicfrog
9th November 2011, 14:24
Indeed
and there was a very cheap one posted on EAB yesterday

ShambleS1980
10th November 2011, 23:35
i missed it >:(
scrappy told me about it and off i went but it was already sold :Doh: