yorkie4

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Country
united kingdom
Region
norfolk
hi i am after the ddi-1 to allow me a disk drive on my 464 i have about 50 disks of 464 software but cannot use them

Hi mate,
I think that it will be cheaper getting a 6128 instead. I have bought one from evilbay for (some money) (ddi-1 + drive), while a 6128 without monitor sells for les than (some other money).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate,
I think that it will be cheaper getting a 6128 instead. I have bought one from evilbay for (some money) (ddi-1 + drive), while a 6128 without monitor sells for les than (some other money).

sounds like a good idea then thx
only problem is all my 464 stuff is on 51/4 floppies

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys, I have had to edit the prices out of the posts, as they could be considered price driving.

@Yorkie

buddy, with the 6128 we can use a simple *edge* 5.25 cable to hook it up.... we will need a +12 and +5v power source and it will work away as it should =)

We can also build a small adapter, so when you get a BBC Micro we can hook it upto that as well!

To be honest though - out best bet would be to hook up a 5.25" drive to a PC and then use Omni Flop to copy the images in and then stick whats worth what in the CPCwiki Archives and again using OmniFlop copy image data to 3.5" disk drives - these are easier to hookup and use in general.

After all ^that which has been spoken,

I have a DDI-1 which I got from Mr Zeets. I then passed my 464 on to him, thus negating the requirement for the DDI-1 :)Doh:)

I believe it has been modified to take power from the CPC rather than the disk drive (which is good), but it does need a ribbon cable reconnecting (which isn't as good)

'Tis yours for the price of Post Office fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom