PDA

View Full Version : Closed Amiga 4000

Amiga Forever
1st November 2011, 22:09
I would be willing pay good price for Amiga 4000 in good condition and I just hope that I can go on Amiga 4.1 OS on it ;):unsure:

fitzsteve
1st November 2011, 22:20
Hi my friend, you will need an expensive CyberStorm PPC to take an A4000 into the land of OS4.1, you'd be better off getting an AmigaOne, PegII or SamEP for OS4.1

If you want a nice RTG OS3.9 machine with lots of Zorro options then an A4000 will be ideal :thumbsup:

Steve.

Amiga Forever
1st November 2011, 22:23
If you want a nice RTG OS3.9 machine with lots of Zorro options then an A4000 will be ideal

What does RTG mean? I dont know what Zorro options mean but it seem like expansions:unsure:

J.T.Kirk
1st November 2011, 22:27
RTG is ReTargetable Graphics, which means that you will need a graphics card installed, than the usual Amiga customs chips (AGA).

fitzsteve
1st November 2011, 22:27
If you want a nice RTG OS3.9 machine with lots of Zorro options then an A4000 will be ideal
What does RTG mean? I dont know what Zorro options mean but it seem like expansions:unsure:

Here ya go, have a read of the Amiga Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReTargetable_Graphics

An Amiga 4000 has Zorro slots which allow you to add expasions such as Graphics Cards, Memory Upgrades, SCSI Boards, Sound Cards, etc.

Amiga Forever
1st November 2011, 22:29
thanks Fitsteve:thumbsup:

An Amiga 4000 has Zorro slots which allow you to add expasions such as Graphics Cards, Memory Upgrades, SCSI Boards, Sound Cards, etc.

That sound good as it make the computer upgradeable:thumbsup:

EDIT UPDATE: Thanks Phantom :thumbsup: