PDA

View Full Version : Found Commodore/DKB A4091 SCSI controller

8bitbubsy
2nd November 2011, 00:01
Not much to write here, I want to buy one (working or not). :)

davideo
2nd November 2011, 00:26
I might have a spare 4091.

I'll check in my boxes of bits tomorrow night.

Dave G :cool:

8bitbubsy
2nd November 2011, 19:22
I might have a spare 4091.

I'll check in my boxes of bits tomorrow night.

Be sure to keep me updated :ninja:

davideo
2nd November 2011, 21:16
I've checked and unfortunately I've only got the one 4091 so don't really want to let it go - sorry.

What i have got that I inherited with the 4000 I bought a few years ago though is a GVP A4000 HC+8 Series II card.

This is non-working and the previous owner has attempted a repair on it. I've never plugged this in because I wasn't sure of his skills :oops:

If it's any good to you - you can have it for postage.

8bitbubsy
2nd November 2011, 22:27
I've checked and unfortunately I've only got the one 4091 so don't really want to let it go - sorry.

What i have got that I inherited with the 4000 I bought a few years ago though is a GVP A4000 HC+8 Series II card.

This is non-working and the previous owner has attempted a repair on it. I've never plugged this in because I wasn't sure of his skills :oops:

If it's any good to you - you can have it for postage.

I'll give it a chance (the GVP), sending PM. :)

davideo
2nd November 2011, 22:40
And replied with approximate postage cost :thumbsup:

davideo
2nd November 2011, 23:06
Piccys as requested.

If you look through the blurred image at the chip near J2 - this has a broken track to the chip. It has also been off at some time and refitted. There are a few shorts on the soldering - which is why it was shoved in my box as a "I'll sort it out one day job".

Also one of the clips on the RAM sockets is broken.

8bitbubsy
2nd November 2011, 23:08

davideo
2nd November 2011, 23:12
You are welcome.

I hope you can sort it out :thumbsup:

I don't think I will get this posted tomorrow but I should get it posted Friday for you.

Do you want this thread marked as Found or do you want to hang on and see if a 4091 turns up?

8bitbubsy
2nd November 2011, 23:13
I'll keep the thread alive to look for a 4091, after all I still want a super fast SCSI card for my A4000. The GVP might do if I can fix it, but it's far from as fast.

davideo
2nd November 2011, 23:14
No problems and thanks for the payment :thumbsup:

davideo
4th November 2011, 16:36
@8bitbusby

As promised this was posted today.

I slightly overestimated (guessed :lol: ) the postage - I'll stick a small refund back into your paypal later tonight.

I hate to state the obvious but before you plug this in and apply power - check the board out and make sure you're not gonna damage your Miggy with it.

Great Sage
6th November 2011, 04:03
@8bitbusby

I have a a Commodore A4091 Rev A card I was just about to list here, would you be interested?

8bitbubsy
6th November 2011, 04:15
Nah, I decided to not get an A4091 after all. I'll probably do with the card I got from davideo. :thumbsup:

davideo
20th November 2011, 17:41
Nah, I decided to not get an A4091 after all. I'll probably do with the card I got from davideo. :thumbsup:

Has this card arrived yet?

8bitbubsy
20th November 2011, 19:54

Has this card arrived yet?

Yep!
I bathed the SCSI chip in SMD flux, resoldered the pins and wire-patched the main damaged pin. I also found two pins shorted on the chip --I carefully bent them back perfectly. Lateron I glued back on the broken SIMM clip.
It works great, I even burnt out the latest official ROM on an EEPROM for it.

Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

davideo
20th November 2011, 20:22
I'll mark this thread as closed but don't forget the feedback :thumbsup: