PDA

View Full Version : Closed Internal Scan Doubler

Starscream
14th March 2008, 14:36
I understand that a scandoubler can let an Amiga 1200 work with a modern TFT screen in a native mode for workbench and games...

Therefore I am looking to buy one. Ideally I am after an internal one but would consider an external one.

Thanks

Harrison
14th March 2008, 17:27
As specific internal and external Scan Doublers/Flicker Fixers for the Amiga are very rare and often command some very silly prices these days I thought it might be useful to let you know that there are some more general external scan doublers on the market that can be used with the Amiga to output a display from your Amiga onto a VGA monitor.

The best guy to ask for more information about these is Zetr0 as he has one of these devices and can recommend the best to look for and how to set it up.

I hope that helps.

Starscream
16th March 2008, 09:59
Oh ok, thanks for your help, I'll look him up!

alexh
11th April 2008, 19:46
You should wait and get a Jens Schoenfeld scandoubler €130 is the expected price. Launch date is unknown.

There will be no better scandoubler from what you can read from the specifications.

http://www.amiga.org/modules/newbb/view ... 8&start=60 (http://www.amiga.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44430&forum=8&start=60)

Buckers
7th November 2009, 20:05
HI, interested in the scan doubler, new to this site, what happens next?:-)

keropi
7th November 2009, 20:08
you can buy them new in amiga shops , or maybe a member here has one... search the Amiga Hardware For Sale forum :)

Photon
10th November 2009, 19:55
I doubt Jens will make another batch of Indivision 1200, since his Clone-A A1200 will connect directly to any PC monitor.

For PAL: Also know that even with a scandoubler, the screen must be able to do 50Hz unless you want jerky scrolling. Also, a vast majority of the monitors that don't explicitly support PAL resolutions scale PAL resolutions very poorly.

Do like me instead, save up for an LCD TV that supports PAL and has Scart RGB in!

Wanting to "display Amiga correctly on a PC monitor you already own" is doomed these days.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

you can buy them new in amiga shops , or maybe a member here has one... search the Amiga Hardware For Sale forum :)
If you can find me a link to a shop that has them in stock, I'll send you a beer ;) Or a PEZ figurine with candy if you don't like beer :razz:

rkauer
11th November 2009, 17:58
You talk something about a beer?:drool:

The reason why no more Indivision AGA 1200 is pretty simple: a newer one will be released next year who fits inside the A4000T, too.:thumbsup2:

The actual Indy AGA don't fit in the 4kT, neither the 4000D/CD32 unit does.