Xanxi

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
France
Region
Paris
Hello.

Having a look at SysSpeed and Sysinfo, i have noticed that the boards listed in my A4000 include a mysterious Prod ID 23 from Individual Computers.

According to the internet, it is the number for a XSurf.

Problem is that i do not have a XSurf and there never has been one in this computer.

All other boards are listed correctly (with two lines for the Deneb).

Do you have any idea where this mysterious board come from and how to remove this uncorrect entry?

img20111117192852.jpg

What does it show if you remove all the Zorro boards? It's possible that it's some additional facility that's on the other Individual board you have in there.

I may try to remove boards in a few days to see: i have to install a fan controller in this computer.

The Catweasel Z2 SClass is indeed a mix of a Buddha and a Catweasel, but there is no clockport such as there is on the XSurf. According to the amiga hardware database, it has only one autoconfig number.

Yeah, amiga.resource isn't always right. Also, often there are different versions of the same board that have different features, you can never be sure.

My guess is that your Buddha/Catweasel board has two IDs. It's also quite possible that that ID isn't the X-Surf, again, I'm reluctant to put too much trust into the listings of autoconfig IDs.

Still, do let us know as and when you've found out.

(y)

@Xanxi

It seems this "XSurf" is the Deneb board.

What do you have in the Flash ROM or activated by USB Stack?

Just to test, uninstall Deneb & try again. I'm sure the "mysterious" board dissapears.

@Xanxi

It seems this "XSurf" is the Deneb board.

What do you have in the Flash ROM or activated by USB Stack?

Uninstall Deneb & try again. I'm sure the "mysterious" board dissapears.

Ah yes!!!!!
I understand now: i have activated the clockport emulation of the Deneb a week ago. It poses as a XSurf clockport.

Case solve (y)

Excellent. I'll just go away and take my crazy autoconfig hypotheses with me then! :p

Back
Top Bottom