I would like to announce my newest family members :D

please meet Bert & Ernie, 2 Dumbo Eared Rats at just 8 weeks old :thumbsup2:

Last edited:
Re: New family members

Eeek! - Vermin in ur front room! :stick:

Kin

really?

Introduced species can develop into vermin in the regions where they were introduced if they find favourable living conditions, and if they face few or no natural enemies there. In such cases, humans often choose to fill the role of the predator to limit the danger to the environment. A prime example of vermin is goats on the Galápagos Islands. Rats, mice, and cockroaches are common urban and suburban vermin. Cats, introduced to countries such as Australia have killed more indigenous wildlife than any other introduced animal, to the extent that they have been implicated in the extinction of many small mammals and amphibians.

you sure m8? :wink:

on a serious note did you know they are as intelligent as a small dog? and scientists have just prooved that rats laugh! how cool is that!! :woot:

I hear ya Juv, but vermin usually are associated with Disease & Rats did the Bubonic thing with aplomb many years ago!

An old friend of mine had a White one called "April" & he was devastated when she died. They just chew through anything in their way & he had to glass tank her, cos she kept breaking out of her cage & chewing everything around the front room! :nuts:

From the documentaries I have seen about rats, they are probably more inteligent than dogs tbh, but at least dogs know not to chew the cr4p outta ur funrniture when you tap their noses & say "No!"

Kin

lol ahhh but they only carried the plague because we threw our number ones and twos into the street along side our rotting food, so with this in mind who's the real vermin :wink:

Could be right about #1 & #2 in the streets of London moons ago, but Bubonic is actually casued by flea bites which can fux0r ur Lymphatic System & rats carry fleas cos fleas love rats! Fleas have to be infected with Yersinia pestis according to the Wiki :wink:

Kin

maybe even Vermin! :whistle:

& don't quote me, they're not included on the Wiki! :laugh:

All the same m8y, I hope your new family members give you some entertainment!

Might save you a pile on Waxing strips & Razors if nothing else! :ROTFLOL2:

Kin

JuvUK said:
on a serious note did you know they are as intelligent as a small dog?

@Juv

Do you remember that poll you ran regarding Cat's or Dog's being better.... :nod:

I prove my point :laugh:

I hear little meece's like chewing nuts !!!! :woot:

TC :pint:

@ TC

The only Mickeys in my pad are sat on Mats & plugged into Comps.

....Tubing not included! :blink:

Kin

Very cute, I see what you mean now. But weren't Bert & Ernie very good 'friends'? :D

:ROTFLOL2: are you suggesting my rats may be up for a bit of man on man action?

:|

@JuvUK

They are adorable! I've actually thought about getting a rat myself. I would like to have a small caged critter.
:thumbsup2:
Good luck with them!

Heather

awww thanks Heather, at least someone here has taste :wink:
seriously though they are really cool, friendly, funny pets, you go girlfriend :D

JuvUK

I have taste too :)
I reckon 2 minutes each side with a little stilton sauce would be wonderful :whistle: :mrgreen:

LOL SdG! - Your Cats would think they were at the Local Diner 24/7! :drool:

@ ing

I am shocked you could even consider eating Vermin! What a complete waste of a damned fine piece of cheese! :blink:

Kin

@Kin

I have a big fish tank that I thought the cats would go crazy over but they pretty much ignore it. A rat in a cage might just be a different story though! I'll be sure to keep it on a high shelf!
:thumbsup2:
I'm not much on Rat Kabobs myself. Too chewy... :twisted:

Heather

Too "ratty" for me too! (y)

Glass tanks are probably a bit of a hot house event for rats & probably a bit near the bone for Animal or "Rat" Rights for that matter! I wouldn't want to be a Rat in a greenhouse all day, that's for sure! (n)

Kin

Back
Top Bottom