PDA

View Full Version : Closed Amiga bits and pieces for a600 & a1200

Chinners
29th November 2011, 11:57
THREAD CLOSED. I'TS OLD AND OUTDATED :)

I'm looking for the following bits and pieces to make a couple of Amigas happy.

1x HDD Cradle for A1200 (Received!)
1x HDD Cradle for A600 (Received!)

1mb Chip Ram expansion for A600 (Received!)

3.1 and 1.3 roms for the A600 (Received!)

Rom Switcher for A600 (one without a switch, just the "long reset")

up to 4 exteral floppy drives for the miggy (on hold for the time being)

one of which does not need to be working (case only) (Received!)

fitzsteve
29th November 2011, 12:38
I can help you out with the HDD cradles, just drop me a PM - postage costs only :thumbsup:

TheCorfiot
29th November 2011, 12:41
I can help you out with the HDD cradles, just drop me a PM - postage costs only :thumbsup:

Hi Chinners

I was going to offer the same my friend, I've also got a KS1.3 ROM too, my advice though if you are looking for a switcher is to program up a 27c800 Eprom & burn KS1.3 & KS3.1 to the device & then select which ROM you want using a SPST switch to gnd the High Address line.

TC ;)

fitzsteve
29th November 2011, 12:44

Hi Chinners

I was going to offer the same my friend, I've also got a KS1.3 ROM too, my advice though if you are looking for a switcher is to program up a 27c800 Eprom & burn KS1.3 & KS3.1 to the device & then select which ROM you want using a SPST switch to gnd the High Address line.

TC ;)

If it helps with P&P and you want to get all from the same place then it's cool to go with TC's offer.

Also Amigakit do the Rom Switch you're looking for or as TC says you can use Eprom + switch (this is what I have in my A600)

Steve.

Chinners
29th November 2011, 20:53

Hi Chinners

TC ;)

Hi TC,

Yes, the caddies & 1.3 rom would be great.

Unfortunately I don't have the hardware to burn eproms any more - mainly due to OS choice.

I don't want to stick a switch onto the A600 - I would prefer the type at Amigakit sell. (I wish I never got rid of my old pimped up A600 now...), so I think I'll need both roms. I'll pass you a quick PM in a moment.

---------- Post added at 20:53 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

Hi Chinners

TC ;)

If it helps with P&P and you want to get all from the same place then it's cool to go with TC's offer.

Also Amigakit do the Rom Switch you're looking for or as TC says you can use Eprom + switch (this is what I have in my A600)

Steve.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the offer. Much appreciated to see good guys like you giving this stuff away.

As you suggest, I will ask TC due to him having more of my wish list, possibly saving me a few scarce golden nuggets.

Cheers,

Chinners

Chinners
30th November 2011, 23:00
updated with found items.
Added a request for a bunch of external drives

ws1968
1st December 2011, 09:38
Hi Chinners,

I've got an A603 1MB chipram expansion for you. PM sent.

fitzsteve
1st December 2011, 09:47
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190608619380?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Not the best (I think it a Marpet unit) they can he some contact issues as they're quite heavy but when seated properly they're just as good as the rest.

Not mine by the way!

A603 will give you a clockport for Subway USB, etc and has the connector for Indivision ECS so would also be a good buy :thumbsup:

Steve.

Chinners
1st December 2011, 09:58
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190608619380?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Not the best (I think it a Marpet unit) they can he some contact issues as they're quite heavy but when seated properly they're just as good as the rest.

Not mine by the way!

A603 will give you a clockport for Subway USB, etc and has the connector for Indivision ECS so would also be a good buy :thumbsup:

Steve.
Thanks for the advice Steve,

I think I'll ignore the ebay one - it looks way too fragile! (Not that I'll be throwing it around or anything) and the idea of the Indivision ECS sounds good - however, do you need to remove the floppy drive to use the indi with the a603? I half remember reading this somewhere, or maybe I dreamt it :unsure:

Cheers

---------- Post added at 09:58 ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 ----------

Hi Chinners,

I've got an A603 1MB chipram expansion for you. PM sent.

PM Reply imminent :) :thumbsup:

TheCorfiot
1st December 2011, 10:00
@chinners

Caddies, Roms and Ide Interface packed and being posted today ;)

Cheers :cool:

Chinners
1st December 2011, 10:10
@chinners

Caddies, Roms and Ide Interface packed and being posted today ;)

Cheers :cool:

:thumbsup:

I forgot how expensive these little A600 things can become!!!
:Doh:

fitzsteve
1st December 2011, 10:54
Thanks for the advice Steve,

I think I'll ignore the ebay one - it looks way too fragile! (Not that I'll be throwing it around or anything) and the idea of the Indivision ECS sounds good - however, do you need to remove the floppy drive to use the indi with the a603? I half remember reading this somewhere, or maybe I dreamt it :unsure:

Cheers

Hi mate,

Kipper2k made an adapter so that you can keep the Floppy drive & IndiECS when using an A603, see here on my project page:

http://www.amibay.com/showpost.php?p=205578&postcount=102

Otherwise you are correct the Indivision ECS normally faces the other way and you must remove the FDD.

If you decide to go all out with your A600 then the new A604 would be a better option, however as you see - it can be done with the A603 :thumbsup:

It might be an idea to start up an AmiOracle post at some point for more advice, if needed to save clogging up your sales thread :)

All the best,
Steve.

ws1968
1st December 2011, 12:13
Payment received from Chinners for the A603 :thumbsup:

davideo
1st December 2011, 12:20
up to 4 exteral floppy drives for the miggy. one of which does not need to be working (case only)

I've got a dead external floppy here. No cable as that has already been donated :thumbsup:

I could remove the dead drive and let you have the case - save on postage costs :thumbsup:

Dave G :cool:

Chinners
1st December 2011, 16:37
up to 4 exteral floppy drives for the miggy. one of which does not need to be working (case only)

I've got a dead external floppy here. No cable as that has already been donated :thumbsup:

I could remove the dead drive and let you have the case - save on postage costs :thumbsup:

That'd be great if you could. I'll pm my address and we can sort it out there! I can never get enough of these bust drive cases*!

Cheers!

(* meaning cases that used to contain a broken drive, not a broken case containing a working drive :) )

davideo
1st December 2011, 17:18
@Chinners

PM received.

I'll try and get this posted tomorrow.

TheCorfiot
1st December 2011, 17:53
@chinners

It's in the post ;)

ws1968
4th December 2011, 11:00
A603 posted on friday!

davideo
5th December 2011, 19:15
@Chinners

A little bit later than promised but this is now on its way to you.

Rakeim132
6th December 2011, 04:50
I'm looking for the following bits and pieces to make a couple of Amigas happy.
.../...

Maybe have a look here : http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=23046
Cheers.

TheCorfiot
7th December 2011, 11:25
@chinners

It's in the post ;)

Bits got there safely mate?

Chinners
7th December 2011, 11:53
@chinners

It's in the post ;)

Bits got there safely mate?

Yeah, cheers.

Sorry, 'tinterweb things and general courtesy seem to be a slightly lower priority at the moment.

Advice to all: Don't move house :)

I have a small stack of feedback and threads to mop up here.

:tired::tired::tired:

Chinners
7th December 2011, 16:32
K,
Currently:
Feedback left for tc for the caddies, roms....
Feedback left for davideo for the case (top man!)
Waiting for A600 ram to arrive (slow post this time of year)
Other drives on hold for the time being.

Chinners
9th December 2011, 11:22
A603 arrived from ws1968.
+1 left

:D