PDA

View Full Version : Closed Not broken (spinning) DPAD for CD32 Joypad

ancalimon
1st December 2011, 05:38
I have one CD32 Joypad with a spinning DPAD. (really bad design this joypad has)
If someone has some not working CD32 Joypad with a "not broken DPAD", would he be so kind to send that plastic to me in an envelope? or an advice on how to fix it? :)

I'm ready to pay for the stamps, the envelope and a cup of coffee.

rkauer
1st December 2011, 06:15
I used a pair of very small screws heated enough to melt the plastic a bit and inserted those on the back of the D-pad.

I fixed two controllers this way and both are still getting strong! :)

ancalimon
1st December 2011, 06:45
I used a pair of very small screws heated enough to melt the plastic a bit and inserted those on the back of the D-pad.

I fixed two controllers this way and both are still getting strong! :)

can you show a picture to give me an idea?

slk486
1st December 2011, 07:14
I drilled a small hole and inserted a bit of paper clip to make it stay put. Don't have the controller any longer though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FOL
1st December 2011, 12:56
I do what rkauer does.
I melt a piece of metal into the plastic to stop it spinning.

Makes me wonder how it happens, as I have 3 and never ever have they broken on me, people must be to rough with them.

ancalimon
5th December 2011, 06:09
I do what rkauer does.
I melt a piece of metal into the plastic to stop it spinning.

Makes me wonder how it happens, as I have 3 and never ever have they broken on me, people must be to rough with them.

I guess it happens because instead of lifting your finger to press other directions, you have to keep your finger on the pad and simply move it and press the directions with the sides of your finger to have better control of a game and it crates extra force on the plastic. It happens when you are used to playing with joysticks. You can't really have precise control when using the joypad.