Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun Scott

Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Country
London
I know its a long shot, but has anyone got the manual for Benchmark Modula 2
( Modula2 Software Construction Kit ) by Leon Frenkel. And a really long longshot, the manual for the source level debugger for the same.

My copies got dumped by the council along with everything I had stored a "friends" garage because he didn't pay the rent. I still have a backup of the software on a hard drive, but I would like to have the manual(s) again.

Benchmark Modula-2 manual - I have one.

Benchmark Modula-2 manual - I have one.

Hey - yes, I have a manual. That's the good news. I'm in the UK and think it might be better to sacrifice it and scan it.

Is it possible to get a backup copy of the software? I bought Benchmark Modula-2 in 1987-ish, seemed to take ages to come from the supplier (I thought it came direct from the USA but thinking about it that's not likely given the size of the manual) but it was *so* worth it. The environment was cracking even with a dual floppy system. I wrote all my 2nd year 'Algorithms and Data Structures' coursework with it and even managed to 'do the impossible' by writing a fully recursive algorithm for a set problem - only working by exploiting a compiler bug.

Happy times...

Regards, Mark.

---------- Post added at 23:35 ---------- Previous post was at 23:28 ----------

Sorry, stupid me assumed you were in the USA.
So we're both in the UK, which makes things easier. My wife has a high speed scanner at work, I think it would be worth breaking the binding and scanning the manual given how scarce they must be now - I've not seen anything Amiga Modula-2 related come up on ebay...

I've now scanned the complete manual, will be posting to bitsavers shortly. Is there a more Amiga specific document library I can add it to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom