Experienced playstation 1 & 2 mod chip installer's services wanted

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
Anyone on the board experienced at installing mod chips?

Specifically I have a old style playstation which has had a mod chip soldered in ( http://www.eurasia.nu/shop/product_info.php?cPath=52&products_id=278 ) but it still will not work so needs looking at (and correcting). Also I have a Modbo 4 chip ( http://www.eurasia.nu/shop/product_info.php?cPath=48&products_id=376 ) for my fat ps2 which needs installing. Both these chips were bought new recently so they should work fine.

This is beyond me so please don't waste your time explaining anything technical to me. I'm looking for someone who knows what they are doing to install them for me. I will of course pay postage and we can come to some agreement to compensate for the inconvenience.

Give me some offers please and we can sort the details out (for obvious reasons I will only consider known users, if you are newly registered or have no posts etc don't take that the wrong way).

Hi mate

Assuming you have the install diagrams (or they are easy enough to get hold of) then I'll offer up my services.

Have only recently installed a XenoGC and additional switch to a Gamecube and have done the odd region switch etc for people over on the RetroGamer forums so can prove I am a genuine fella :)

Drop me a PM if you are interested in my services, if not then good luck in your quest.

I'm experienced in chipping both PS1's and PS2's though i havent done one for a while now.
I'm extremely busy until the new year so if you're not sorted by then give us a shout.

Hi mate
Assuming you have the install diagrams (or they are easy enough to get hold of) then I'll offer up my services.

Drop me a PM if you are interested in my services, if not then good luck in your quest.

Well I have the diagrams attached to this post, I am unsure which one is needed though as I had someone else install the correct one for the board I have but as you can see it still isn't working so I am unsure what is wrong with it. This is not a job that im in a hurry for right now, so I will leave it til after the new year now but I will pm you about it.

I'll decide on the ps2 later, as I have only just acquired the fat model and I want to make sure it is fully working before I get it modded.

---------- Post added at 01:39 ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 ----------

I'm experienced in chipping both PS1's and PS2's though i havent done one for a while now.
I'm extremely busy until the new year so if you're not sorted by then give us a shout.
As I said to Simon, I will decide in the new year on the ps2 front, thanks for the offers guys.

Attachments

• mm3_diagrams_v2.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • mm3_psx_diagrams.zip
    452.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Is the PSOne not working at all or is it just the modchip that is not kicking in? Will the PSOne work with original games or is the entire thing dead?

Yes does it work original disks? If it has trouble with any of them then a chip mod is doubtful. Having done many when they were popular. Some had 4 wires, some had more. They always did not work, with out more work when they were well used. Sometimes it was adjusting of the 2 pots.
Sometimes the head tracks are slightly worn. Turn the thing upside down. With disk spinning and the playstation is upside down it would boot. The reason why is the head is slightly closer to the disk. If it works this way, then you may need more adjustment or the head replaced. The tracks that the head travels on is plastic. Not sure how tight the tolerences are in manufacturing. Too close, to far and it will not read the disk. Some disk brands are better than others. Now days I think they make them better. But way back when, not always the case.

Hope this helps

The machine works fine it loads and plays originals as it should. I dont actually want to play backups on it I want it to load ntsc disks as i have a lot of original American titles for it (such as Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Megaman games and some rarer shoot em ups).

Well that helps a little. At least we can 100% confirm that the install of the chip is at fault not the console.
Of course it could be a good install and a faulty modchip, but without seeing the actual modchip install and the connections between wires and modchip / motherboard, its hard to say what has happened.

@Amigafanboi i am looking for someone to do a few ps1 and 2's i have modchips for ps2's but not Ps1's if you can find those or know someone ill make it worth your while :)

Back
Top Bottom