AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
Hi all,

I am now on the hunt for a good, clean condition PC base unit for some of my old legacy software/hardware.

It must have either a Pentium or AMD CPU running at anything from 133mhz to 233mhz with or without MMX support (No PII systems please :wink: ).

I did recently pay for a 200mhz system from evilbay but the seller sent me a PIII Dell Optiplex :nuts: which i am currently still trying to sort out :banghead:

so, if anyone has a machine that fits my requirements then please let me know and post some pics if you can... I am finding it difficult to find a good old obselete PC as people usually take them to the tip :blink:

Cheers (y)

Re: WTB: Old Pentium PC Base Unit

I have a 2000 HP Pavilion w/ AMD Athlon 750MHz, 256 MB Ram, 20+60GB Hard drive(s), Windows 98 installed (i'll probably do a format and system restore before selling though). It has a 32MB TNT2 Pro GFX Card (AGP2), although I have a spare GeForce2 kicking about (AGP4 - not completely compatible) and a fairly standard PCI sound card. I can also supply with a netgear WiFi card (b/g).

I also have the original monitor (with speakers) and multimedia keyboard that came with it.

They're taking up space in the hall cupboard at the moment, and if I shift it I'd be making my wife happy :)

No idea what it's worth, but if you let me know I'm sure we can make a deal? If you have anything to swap we could maybe consider that?

Cheers,

AndyC

Hi, thanks for the offer AndyC but i am afraid that systenm is too fast for what i will be using it for :? I am looking for a Pentium 1 system or AMD K5/K6 that can be no faster than 233mhz! It will be running legacy software and some old ISA legacy hardware and a PCI video card that i have. (cannot have AGP).

I appreciate the offer though, thanks, Dan (y)

I know your not supposed to, but have youy tried going to your local tip and having a sly look?

I ask for stuff so long as its not filthy and the weather is nice. I got a Dell P4 2.4 little desktop, A500, brand new sega saturn. I just asked nice :D

Im having a clearout this weekend, if the rain holds ill see if they have anything at my local tip that might be of use, better being used than in the ground.

Dan

danhans115 said:
I know your not supposed to, but have youy tried going to your local tip and having a sly look?

I ask for stuff so long as its not filthy and the weather is nice. I got a Dell P4 2.4 little desktop, A500, brand new sega saturn. I just asked nice :D

Im having a clearout this weekend, if the rain holds ill see if they have anything at my local tip that might be of use, better being used than in the ground.

Dan

I have a feeling everything will be in ruins at my local tip as it all gets crushed! i saw what happens when i took some old furniture to the tip a while back :shock:

Hi

I got one of these you can have http://www.computerbuyer.co.uk/reviews/ ... String=ctx (free to good home)

I need to put the innards back in as I removed them with the idea of fitting an A600 in it but sold the 600 now. :Doh:

It was working fine before so should still be OK - I wiil check.

It weights a ton though so delivery may be a problem.

let me know if it would be OK before I rebuild it.

Gary

I also second the tip. I've had a few machines/games consoles from there. My local tip puts all electronics in a shed and you can buy anything in there for £5. The best thing about it is if you buy a few items then they only charge me £5 for all of them.
As danhans sayd "better being used than in the ground"

Mike

imnogeek said:
Hi

I got one of these you can have http://www.computerbuyer.co.uk/reviews/ ... String=ctx (free to good home)

I need to put the innards back in as I removed them with the idea of fitting an A600 in it but sold the 600 now. :Doh:

It was working fine before so should still be OK - I wiil check.

It weights a ton though so delivery may be a problem.

let me know if it would be OK before I rebuild it.

Gary

The specs for this machine sound ideal (y) But just one question.... Will a PCI 3DFX Voodoo card fit inside this machine? It's a very tempting offer :drool: All i need to know is just how much the machine weighs and dimensions so i can get some postage prices.... It's probably going to hurt, cheers, Dan

ooooh....

Somewhere in my loft, I have an original 4Mb 3DFX Voodoo card, complete with with the VGA loopthrough cable; I also have a Voodoo2 card as well which I think may be 12Mb IIRC.

Blimey! That takes me back to playing GL Doom and GL Quake97... :blink:

I now feel soooooo old...... :sigh:

Merlin said:
ooooh....

Somewhere in my loft, I have an original 4Mb 3DFX Voodoo card, complete with with the VGA loopthrough cable; I also have a Voodoo2 card as well which I think may be 12Mb IIRC.

Blimey! That takes me back to playing GL Doom and GL Quake97... :blink:

I now feel soooooo old...... :sigh:

I too have a 4mb Orchid Righteous Voodoo 1 and a 16mb Maxi Gamer Phoenix Voodoo Banshee..... But no system to put them in :( and they are no good for my current Core 2 PC's!

Quake with 3DFX Glide support was great back in the day (still great now :D ) and i just want to play the 3DFX version of Carmageddon again!

@ Powerpie5000

I have an IBM Personal Computer 300GL machine here which is a PII 266Mhz machine; if you are prepared to collect it from Manchester, it's yours. I can throw some memory in it as well. There's no hard drive, but there is a Creative 24x CD-ROM drive and a Compaq Premier Sound (ESS 1869 Audiodrive) ISA sound card in it. It's pre-AGP as well so it may be ideal for what you need.

Are you interested?

Merlin

PS. I also replied to you on EAB.

Merlin said:
@ Powerpie5000

I have an IBM Personal Computer 300GL machine here which is a PII 266Mhz machine; if you are prepared to collect it from Manchester, it's yours. I can throw some memory in it as well. There's no hard drive, but there is a Creative 24x CD-ROM drive and a Compaq Premier Sound (ESS 1869 Audiodrive) ISA sound card in it. It's pre-AGP as well so it may be ideal for what you need.

Are you interested?

Merlin

PS. I also replied to you on EAB.

Thanks, i saw the post on EAB and responded :D ! It sounds great and wanted to know if you could post a couple of pics of the system? Thanks, Dan

Piccies... Warning! Hardware pr0n and nekkidness below....

[attachment=4:1e6a2q5t]IMAG0084.JPG[/attachment:1e6a2q5t]
[attachment=3:1e6a2q5t]IMAG0086.JPG[/attachment:1e6a2q5t]
[attachment=2:1e6a2q5t]IMAG0085.JPG[/attachment:1e6a2q5t]
[attachment=1:1e6a2q5t]IMAG0087.JPG[/attachment:1e6a2q5t]
[attachment=0:1e6a2q5t]IMAG0088.JPG[/attachment:1e6a2q5t]

The machine has 2 ISA slots, one has the ESS 1869 sound card in it. It also has 3 PCI slots, although one is shared. Mouse & keyboard connections are both PS/2 type. 2 COM ports, 1 LPT port and even 2 USB slots!!

I can add 2 x 256Mb sticks of PC-133 memory to this. Add a hard drive and you are good to go. You will need to fabricate or obtain a blank for the lower front drive slot at the front, but I don't think that is a biggie.

Does £30 seem reasonable for this beauty?

The proceeds from this sale will go towards obtaining a copy of VBulletin forum software for the AmiBay site, so you would be helping us all.

Attachments

• IMAG0084.JPG
    IMAG0084.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0086.JPG
    IMAG0086.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0085.JPG
    IMAG0085.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0087.JPG
    IMAG0087.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0088.JPG
    IMAG0088.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 0

That is a great looking system, but i have managed to get an old Compaq Deskpro 4000 whilst i was out of town!

Thanks for the offer Merlin i appreciate it but my search is over as i now have a suitable Dos system 8) I am sure someone else would want to buy your IBM it as it does look clean and tidy for it's age :nod:

This thread can now be closed, Cheers (y)

Good to hear you found a system! Closing thread.

Thanks,

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom