A600 & External Keyboard issues

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Hi to all

I just finished to mount one A600 in a Desktop PC tower case, everything works fine but I have issues with the KB's.... :(

I have two Elbox PC-Key 600, one bought here at AmiBay and other ordered from Amigakit. But I have problems with both of them.

After a lot of test, checking wire connections, different DIN5 to PS/2 adapters, different mobo's.... these adapters don't work as expected.

--------------------

PC PS/2 Keyboards:

- When booting, keyboard aren't recognized until I press one key.
- Reset Ctrl+A+A.... not recognized.
- Arrow keys don't work

A4000 Keyboard:

- Arrow keys don't work

A2000 Keyboard:

- Don't work

---------------

Of course, the original A600 keyboard works 100%.

Any idea? Maybe exists another adapter?

Thanks in advance

If your handy with a soldering iron. You can solder. A socket to the keyboard controller on the 600 or one of the CIA chips.

I have done this in the past and it works, I'm doing the same on a 1200 soon..

Hi mate :)

This will be great.

Do you have any schema? I have no idea about the solder points (or special materials I need).....

If your handy with a soldering iron. You can solder. A socket to the keyboard controller on the 600 or one of the CIA chips.

I have done this in the past and it works, I'm doing the same on a 1200 soon..

I was planning a kit for that, but it is stalled, since I ordered the wrong socket to push over the mpu

here is the original website I found it looong time ago, also some user here reposted this not that long ago here on amibay..

http://mysite.verizon.net/jartz/amiga/kbd_conn.html

Basically if you are able to solder two wires to the mpu (very fine work) you can take +5v and ground elsewhere... and hook it up to a din ps/2 or old style... found on ebay for close to nothing!

Back
Top Bottom