PDA

View Full Version : Closed Full Throttle - Mac version

ratfink
29th December 2011, 20:37
Motorcycles. Murder. Mayhem.

One minute you're on the road, riding. Not a care in the world. Then some guy in a suit comes along, says he's got a deal for you and your gang. But when you come to, you've got a lump on your head, the law on your back, and a feeling in your gut that the road you're on is about the get a lot rougher...

When I bought it some years ago, I found it would not run on my 5500, seems it may have been because of the cd-rom speed [see quote below from a different game].

£withdrawn plus p/p, paypal gift.

johnim
18th July 2012, 22:43
reopened by op request

Tomse
19th July 2012, 21:36
You can use it with scummvm. Even play it on your Amiga with scummvm port.

ratfink
19th July 2012, 21:41
You can use it with scummvm. Even play it on your Amiga with scummvm port.

I never thought of that. I also have a later pc re-issue, wonder if they're the same - some of these lucasarts games got reworked didn't they? Mind you, what little I played seemed identical.:)

Tomse
20th July 2012, 08:58
only a few lucasarts games got reworked. the mac vs pc should be quite identical, o
f full throttle.

good luck in your sale :-)

ratfink
21st July 2012, 14:33
pictures added:)

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 ----------

Ah, just seen in the Dark Seed manual that cd speed affects some games - maybe that was the explanation for Full Throttle on my G3-enhanced 5500, it had a 24x drive:

"NOTE: According to Apple, some applications do not function properly on Apple CD 300 drives set to their fastest speed. If you are experiencing problems, set you cd-rom drive to standard speed."

edit - now bundled with my imac in a separate thread