Chinners

Rating - 100%
189   0   0
Country
England
Region
North Yorkshire
THREAD CLOSED. IT WAS SOLD ON THE DARK SIDE
I am selling my Strong-Arm 200mhz Processor.

Suitable for any Risc PC with 3.7 roms or above. Will give one heck of a speed increase over the stock CPU.

A little birdie told me it can be over-clocked fairly easily, but I haven't attempted this, as it involves cutting a track or two.

Pictures are not of the actual item, but I will add the photos when I can.

The only problem with the card is that the plastic around the pins on the connector has split on one side. It still fits perfectly and works very well!

Looking for £40, shipped standard in the UK. Will enhance postage at cost.

Offers considered, but not for trades this time.

View attachment 21615

(Yup, a RetroPC build is beginning to cost.... :Doh:)

Last edited:
Can I express interest on behalf of thecellartroll as I read he was looking for a cpu card for his spare mainboard.

I have one already else i would prisethe beauty from you.

TC :cool:

You certainly can. I think he knows how to get hold of me anyway, but reservation noted :)

(ahem, free bump :p)

Nah, I'll pass thanks! A cheapo CPU card would be good to have a tinker with the board but I already have a 287Mhz RPC.

However, if someone else wants a go at building one from the bottom up, I'll gladly send the buyer of Chinners CPU card the mainboard and a (rough) case for the cost of posting. I don't have a spare PSU but they could have the spare connector (PSU>Mainboard) I have for bodgery purposes.

Hope its OK to add that to Chinners post? :readit:

Nah, I'll pass thanks! A cheapo CPU card would be good to have a tinker with the board but I already have a 287Mhz RPC.

However, if someone else wants a go at building one from the bottom up, I'll gladly send the buyer of Chinners CPU card the mainboard and a (rough) case for the cost of posting. I don't have a spare PSU but they could have the spare connector (PSU>Mainboard) I have for bodgery purposes.

Hope its OK to add that to Chinners post? :readit:

Wouldnt mind the mobo and bits myself mate, ive got the original arm710 card and 3.7 roms that came out of my rpc.

TC :cool:

Sorry for the OT chinners meole mucker

Hey, lets carry on OT.
I do have a spare working PSU I can let go for postage (if shipped with the strongarm), if you're slightly interested TC?

Perhaps I should clarify that the reason I say "tinker" with the board is that although it boots fine if you plug in a VRAM module it just displays a blue screen and fails to boot. That's why I swapped it out with the board I sent Chinners. Now I don't have enough parts (or time to be honest) to test, play and see if I can get it to work properly.

Like I say, its firstly available to anyone who buys Chinners CPU and who wants it. If not then you can have it, TC (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom