Not open for further replies.

Harrison

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Ideally looking for a 1040 STE with at least 2MB ram and with a good condition case (no yellowing). But will consider any STE.

Must be a realistic price and located in the UK.

Re: Atari STE wanted

Curse these retchid oceans separating us retro hardware hunters. I have an STE here with 4meg in decent condition I would not mind offloading. Postage from AU would be murder though. :(

Hi Harrison, not sure if you'd be interested but i have a 1040STF here. It's very yellow and comes with a RGB Scart cable and a floppy disc with cubase on.
Unfortunately i cannot tell you anything about the hardware as i have no idea. I rescued it from freecycle around 2 weeks ago and i purchased the scart cable from the other bay to check if it worked. It loaded from the floppy to a desktop but i had no mouse to test any further.
Also has a box full of software (mostly accounting from what i saw) and a couple of games.
If you interested its yours for postage, if not then it'll be recycle binned.

Photo

[attachment=0:gykso4hb]atari.JPG[/attachment:gykso4hb]

Attachments

• atari.JPG
    atari.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 0

the yellowing can be removed by acetone OR bleach, it's caused by UV light so take care after you de-yellow it. Mr. Clean Magic erasers work for light yellowing

You can also test that Atari with a mouse from your Amiga apparently as they use the same connector. I haven't tried this myself but that is what I've been told.

Nathan

Don't use Amiga mice on that comp... erm... thing!!! Amiga uses the buttons to ground, those others use to +5V and maybe can crack the mouse.

Not that I cry if someone destroy one of those "computers"... :twisted:

scrappysphinx said:
Hi Harrison, not sure if you'd be interested but i have a 1040STF here. It's very yellow and comes with a RGB Scart cable and a floppy disc with cubase on.

Yes, I'm interested. Let me know the postage and I will definitely consider it.

However I am also still looking for a 1040 STE so I can run the later ST demos. :)

Dreamcast270mhz said:
the yellowing can be removed by acetone OR bleach, it's caused by UV light so take care after you de-yellow it. Mr. Clean Magic erasers work for light yellowing

noo noo no noooo no nooooooOOoooooo

http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/

please read!!!!

Ignore big Z he's just having an anurism. Dip it in bleach. The whole thing, it'll come up lovely and clean. Domestos is best. :twisted:

If you do actually want to keep it DON'T dip it in bleach, I am just having a little fun, honest.

NOoooooooooooooooooooooo

facepalm2kx3.jpg

I'm going to be using Retr0brite on my STFM when I have the time as that is quite yellow. I will post some before and after pics when I do it. :)

Harrison said:
I'm going to be using Retr0brite on my STFM

Harrison, just make sure you put enough petrol in the mixture (80%), and also use a naked flame instead of the UV light. :run:

TC :jester:

Retrobrite sounds good but a little complicated, just dip the casing in acetone as it will dissolve the yellow layer of ABS. And Z, what so wrong with my method? I hardly does ANYTHING. :flamethrower: to retrobrite BS!

TheCorfiot said:
Harrison, just make sure you put enough petrol in the mixture (80%), and also use a naked flame instead of the UV light. :run:

:LOL: Nice to see the ST vs Amiga love are still going strong! ;)

BTW, Using a real ST again hasn't converted me back. The Amiga is still the best home computer ever designed. The ST is just a novelty to play around with for a few minutes until I get bored and switch the A1200 back on. How anyone ever thought the ST was as good as an Amiga is beyond me.

@Harrison, sorry for the delay, been busy with my duaghter over the weekend.
The postage cost for the above Atari 1040STF if you want it will be £8 via parcel2go
(BTW did you recieve the software and feet for the EZ Tower yet?)

Thanks

Mike

@SS

Mike, As you can see we have kept ourselves amused in the meantime. :LOL:

TC 8)

Here's one 1040 STE that looks very nice:

***********link removed by TC************

@TC, i see the busy lol. So many people out to get the Atari. I'm beginning to believe if Harrison doesnt take it then i would make many people happy by dropping it out of my second floor window! :jester:

@JLPedro, that one did look nice and is only down the road from me. If i were into the Atari machine (Or even better knew how to use and atari machine lol) i would consider a bid and would fetch it.

Mike

@JLPedro

Ah cmon man, you know we can't have direct links to an auction.. :nono:

TC :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom