Will it Toast?

masheen

Country
Sweden
Region
Uppsala
Hi everyone.

I recently bought a second A4000D to replace what I thought was a broken one.
However it wasn't broken so now I have 2 (lucky me :mrgreen: ), and was thinking I'd do something different with one of them.

So question is does a Video Toaster 4000 work in a european A4000?

I know that I'd need to supply it with NTSC inputs somehow, but other than that it'd be cool to have one of the most impressive computer peripherals ever made. :bowdown:

Cheers
/masheen

Re: Will it Toast?

Well I searched around a bit and though I couldn't find anything conclusive it seems it should work if I set the jumper on the mobo to NTSC.

Btw does anyone here use a Toaster (any model)

Cheers
/masheen

ofcourse it will work with the a4000 jumpered to NTSC , but it will accept NTSC and produce NTSC signal, so no PAL... rather pointless to install one IMHO

I found out the hard way, that you will not be able to use the Video toaster software on OS 3.5/9, so just a heads up. It caused all kinds of nasty nightmares.

quarkx said:
I found out the hard way, that you will not be able to use the Video toaster software on OS 3.5/9, so just a heads up. It caused all kinds of nasty nightmares.
Are you saying with the defined setup above or in all cases? I'm sure the former is what you mean

A guy from here use to use his A4000D/Toaster/Flyer dedicated video production gear with 3.9. It's just a matter of turning off the eye-candies (magic menu, asyncWB, tools prefs, etc) and made the icons draw on "other memory" (Workbench icon inside Prefs: ).

I didn't have any issues with 3.9 & a VT4000/Flyer/Sync combo. But then, using the latest software for the Amiga Toaster is half the battle. V4.3 was the last afaik & the support from NewTek for Classic Amiga Users appears to have gotten worse in the last 12+ months.

Kin

@ masheen

I discovered a box the other day (was looking for another & still can't find it) with my toaster software. They're add on Horror Effects, explosions, animal farm (don't go there! :whistle: ), textures and others. Let me know if you're interested & I'll get you some pics sorted!

RE NTSC being pointless, it's not entirely if you re-code the Amiga Video to PAL. Miggy does the smooth donkey work & ure Quad DUO cuts through the re-code! - Get networking! :wink:
Also, if ur running the right monitors off the Toaster setup, NTSC displays fine. You can even use a Pee Cee monitor if your lucky enough to own a 'Toast Scan'. :mrgreen:

Kin

@Kin Hell.

Well I'd be interested, but not until I actually get a Toaster (and flyer preferably), and that's not happening anytime soon unless I find a real bargain. (I really need to slow down on getting Amiga related bits until I've sorted out all the stuff I've bought recently)

and regarding NTSC I was thinking the same.

/masheen

Back
Top Bottom