protek

"Takai desu ne." -"Jinsei da."
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
Looking for a British Standard BS6312 630W type of plug that goes into the Spectrum RS232/Midi port for my Spectrum +3.

Alternatively a BS6312 631A type of plug will do if that will fit into Spectrum's socket.

I'm looking to build a midi cable for the Spectrum and we don't have those plugs here. Can pay via Paypal or IBAN.

(I think) I'm looking for the same thing. I need a ZX Spectrum 128 keypad or RS-232 (I believe they're the same) plug so I can pull a voltage. I'm modifying a SCART cable to include the BLANKING voltage.

Thanks!

Looks like I found what I needed on ebay.co.uk: a simple UK phone cord. I'm going to cut the wire in half which gives me two connectors. :)

I was looking at doing this myself. Unfortunately the UK phone plugs are a different shape and do not fit the sockets on the Spectrum and I couldn't find the correct plugs anywhere.

I did find some sockets for the UK phone plugs, although they're white and the pins stick straight out rather than turning a right angle as they should for mounting on a Spectrum. I'm unsure whether to try to adapt them, or just fit a cable or DIN connector to the Spectrum instead.

I have some of these sockets spare if anyone is interested.

John

I managed to find a, while not a perfect match, a very close one that can be modded with an X-acto knife to fit into the +3 jack. It is actually a phone cord from the other bay, like tanuki found.

I managed to find a, while not a perfect match, a very close one that can be modded with an X-acto knife to fit into the +3 jack. It is actually a phone cord from the other bay, like tanuki found.

I'll give that a try then - I've plenty of old phone cords lying around. Glad you got something that works.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom