PDA

View Full Version : Closed CLOSED: Amiga floppy disks

mpaulj
30th March 2008, 20:56
I have a 1,000 of these for sale, sold as blanks of course. Collection from Wilmslow preferred as postage is extortionate. See below for price, please.
Regards,
Mike.

Zetr0
30th March 2008, 21:48
@mpaulj

Hello there, welcome to Amibay :)

thats a lot of disk, for those interested could you post where about Wilmslow is :)

Oh and

Please Read The Rules (http://www.guildserver.co.uk/forums/amibay1/faq.php#6) on requesting offeres :)

Thanks, and welcome again to the Bay :)

meega
30th March 2008, 22:22
Wilmslow (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Wilmslow&sll=54.162434,-3.647461&sspn=16.361605,33.134766&ie=UTF8&z=12&iwloc=addr) :wink:

As Zetr0 has said, please state a guide price (that's a lot of disks), and also would you consider splitting the lot into groups of, say, 100-200 or so?

Merlin
30th March 2008, 22:31
Wilmslow is about 20 minutes drive from where I live. I have already bought 400 (2 x 200) tonight from this thoroughly nice guy. He still has 1000 left and I suggested he offer them on Amibay.

If anyone wants them picked up I am happy to help.

@mpaulj

Welcome to Amibay!!

Merlin

PS. Zetr0, he is after a SCSI CD-writer for a Squirrel external SCSI case, do you have a spare one or know of someone with one?

mpaulj
31st March 2008, 14:31
Apologies to all for asking for offers.
I really have no idea what to ask, so I will suggest £3 per 100 plus UK postage at cost and of course I will split them.
I would not be willing to post abroad, partly due to the extortionate postal charges and partly for other reasons.
Personal collection welcome, from Summerfields, Wilmslow.
Regards,
Mike.

mpaulj
31st March 2008, 14:33
PS. Wilmslow is in Cheshire, about 15 miles South of Manchester.

Merlin
31st March 2008, 15:25
@ mpaulj

I am glad you found us, we are a friendly bunch on here and all of us are Miggy enthusiasts. As you can see I have asked Zetr0 about your writer issue.

I've given you access to the Recycle Bin, please feel free to rummage...please read the rules for the Recycle Bin, as they are slightly different from the rest of the site.

Merlin

mpaulj
31st March 2008, 17:46
Thanks for that, I will keep an eye on it.
Hopefully my eBay purchase will work, but even so it would be nice to have a spare external SCSI CD writer with Squirrel lead, so thanks for the mention in your email.
Regards,
Mike.

mpaulj
4th April 2008, 02:22
Well, despite numerous viewings, it appears no-one is interested. I have therefore put them on eBay with a starting price of £20 (which seems cheap enough to me without just giving them away) and hopefully someone will take them.
Regards to all,
Mike.

DubbleTrubble
4th April 2008, 03:26
Hi Mike,

I was wondering if they came with disk boxes to hold them in, or without?

I am looking for some "POSSO" make of boxes that used to be very popular for holding floppy disks so wondered if these might be included with the disks if you are getting rid of them all I cannot see that you would want to keep the boxes they are in as well. If you have this make of disk boxes then I would pay you for them.

I live to the North part of Manchester so collection is an option for me, if I get interested.

I have loads of Amiga disks as it is, and would only be interested to save you from throwing them away. If you get a bid on ebay then that would be great, but if they don't sell, then let me know, and I may take them off your hands, as I don't want to see them re-cycled the harsh way.

D.T.

mpaulj
4th April 2008, 12:25
Sorry, no disk boxes as I long ago made myself wooden trays holding about 500 per tray as I found disk boxes took up too much room.
Regards,
Mike.

mpaulj
9th April 2008, 19:25
Now all sold, thanks.
Regards,
Mike.