Ya' Like it Retr0?
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Hello there my fellow AmiBayers

Recently I bought a job lot of DELL 9H570 OPTIPLEX SFF FLOPPY DRIVE, infact I bought 20 of them LOL

Anyway I only need 4 so the rest are up for a very cheap price of £2 each with £2 pnp, if you want 2 drives I will put them in the same box for so you can knock off £2 for postage.

thats £2 per drive with £2 postage for 1 or two drives.

heres what they look like

front.jpg

top.jpg

side.jpg

you will need a specific cable for these to work, I dont have any for sale but I do know where you can get them for under £5

Re: Super Slim Floppy Disk Drives

How would one use them in an Amiga computer? Just as a crossdos drive it take it? Or is there modding necessary to make it work in an Amiga? I'm curious. :popcorn:

Nathan

well my good friend you need the following

a floppy adapter from my friend Ian Stedman for £10 this allows you to use a regular PC floppy drive as an Amiga FDD, but not as HD just DD
Floppy_adaptor1.jpg

you then need this cable (or one like it) for £3.99 buy it now
14fe_1.JPG

And thats it ... job done.. super slimline double density drive in your amiga :D

I am keeping 4 drives as 2 are destined for Amiga Laptop mods :D 1 is detsined for a Spectrum +2 mod and the other is for a C64-DTV mod :D

Wow! That's super cool! quick question though, how come no one has tried making new HD drives? Was there something specific about the drives that doesn't allow for them to be duplicated?

Nathan

The amiga High density drives run at a very low cycle rpm, infact that low modern drives cannot duplicate this without error, instead the modern (PC) FDD's have different writing method for higher density alas when an amiga attempts to writing a track it becomes garbled on as the modern HD FDD drives spin to quickly and cannot be controlled fully.

thats from memory atleast lol.

now.... wheres that popcorn...... AHA! :popcorn: *nom nom nom*

I wonder if there is a way to slow the speed of the stepping motor down to duplicate the speed of the Amiga drive? Or maybe, if someone is willing to donate a drive for *Ahem* dissection, maybe someone could recreate the HD drives? They would make a killing on them if they could reduplicate them.

Nathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom