PDA

View Full Version : xplorer with ps1

jailer
9th February 2012, 19:25
hi been a while since i been on here and wondered if anyone can help me out

i have a chipped ps1 and a explorer cart ..trouble is when i plug in the cart it dosnt seem to work (bring up the cheat screen) and also stops any games from playing but when i unplug the cart games work fine

any help me good as i spent alot on the cart

ChrisUnionNJ
9th February 2012, 20:51
Moved post from review area to AmiOracle..:)

:coffee:

Merlin
9th February 2012, 20:59
PS1 modchips work by interrupting the bios code and substitute a PIC chip that keeps repeating out the PS1 bios code continuously.

The problem is that the Xplorer also needs to interrupt the bios line, to allow you to enter cheats. This clash is why the Xplorer doesn't work.

You could try a switch on the power lead to the PIC (pin1) to disable it which may allow the Xplorer to work, but it won't play games from other regions with the PIC chip disabled.

scrappysphinx
9th February 2012, 22:11
Also there is a cd based xploder cheat system.

If you're console is chipped this would probably be the easiest option.

Boot the cd, select the cheats, swap the cd for the game and boot game from the menu.

This is how i use to do it.

I won't post the link to the download in the forum as i don't know whether it would be allowed but pm if you want it.

jailer
10th February 2012, 07:03
thanks guys looks like i'll be selling the explorer on then and getting cd based

merlinkv
10th February 2012, 07:26
Also there is a cd based xploder cheat system.

If you're console is chipped this would probably be the easiest option.

Boot the cd, select the cheats, swap the cd for the game and boot game from the menu.

This is how i use to do it.

I won't post the link to the download in the forum as i don't know whether it would be allowed but pm if you want it.

Hi mate :)

You're right, there is not allowed. So, all links/downloads of this type MUST be out of AmiBay. :ninja: