PDA

View Full Version : Spectrum 128k 2+ data-cassette Help

keitha
12th February 2012, 15:55
I'm wondering if anyone could give me advice in regards to a spectrum tape deck, which isn't loading data?

I'm getting none of the familiar speccy squealing :blink: when trying to install software, (the broader just stays red). I tried cleaning the heads, and I was getting interference noise, while doing so, but still no luck. I even tried plugging an audio lead in, from my stereo (the spectrum didn't acknowledge the stereo).

I've hardly ever used the machine since 1987 :dry: (it's always be bagged and stored safely). I was working brilliant 4 or 5 years ago :(

Any help or advice would be welcome :thumbsup:

Dazxy2001
12th February 2012, 16:03
I'm wondering if anyone could give me advice in regards to a spectrum tape deck, which isn't loading data?

I'm getting none of the familiar speccy squealing :blink: when trying to install software, (the broader just stays red). I tried cleaning the heads, and I was getting interference noise, while doing so, but still no luck. I even tried plugging an audio lead in, from my stereo (the spectrum didn't acknowledge the stereo).

I've hardly ever used the machine since 1987 :dry: (it's always be bagged and stored safely). I was working brilliant 4 or 5 years ago :(

Any help or advice would be welcome :thumbsup:

I dont recall the +2 having an audio input, only a headphone jack on the rear... as for the problem... mis-aligned heads ? is the tape spooling as its loading ? thinking perhaps a belt may of perished over the years and either broke or slipping

ptp170
12th February 2012, 16:10
Zetro kindly helped me out with this a while back :D

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=19679

Chris

keitha
12th February 2012, 16:37
'Doh' :nuts: that explains it (stereo). The tape is running mechanically ok, just zero noise, and loading. It's as tho it's on 'mute' :(

I'll have a wee look at the other thread 'thanks'

ptp170
12th February 2012, 16:39
Try removing and replacing the cassette cable that plugs into the main circuit board a few times as well :)