PDA

View Full Version : Morph OS

cugar124
14th February 2012, 20:05
HI Guys
Can anyone help with an install of MorphOS please? I need help from the start :Doh:

I have the CD and the files are on it as suggested but when I put in the startup command it just send the screen blank

the system I am using is listed below in my signature block

mfilos
14th February 2012, 20:06
What version of MorphOS and on what system?

cugar124
14th February 2012, 20:25
Hi buddy
Latest version from their website.

on my A1200 BPPC

mfilos
14th February 2012, 20:41
Ok so

You download MorphOS for PUP 1.4.5 ISO
You burn the ISO to a CD and you insert it into WB.
You copy the contents to an empty Bootable partition (better to be SFS)
If for example the Bootable partition which you install MorphOS is DH1: then to copy all contents from the CD would be something like this:

1> copy CD0: DH1: ALL CLONE

When everything is copied, you edit the Startup-Sequence in DH1:S and check the following points:

set bootdevice "bootdevice=DH1"
set resetlevel 1

You reboot and enter Early Startup Menu
You choose Drive DH1: and hit boot.

If everything went correctly you should boot into MOS :)

cugar124
14th February 2012, 22:35
Hi
Tried that just black screen :Doh:

I am going to have to try it from scratch again to see if it copied over correctly me thinks.

portarinos
15th February 2012, 06:45
Back in the day I had my PPC 1200, I encountered the same problems and lost many hours of my busy life in order to make PUP work. In the end mfilos saved my life with his useful advice. I remember posting my success story on Morphzone. So, check for my post in the following thread and be sure hat is is as comprehensive as it could in order for somebody to install PUP:

http://www.morphzone.org/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7249&forum=42

psychoman
13th March 2012, 18:23
HI Guys
Can anyone help with an install of MorphOS please? I need help from the start :Doh:

I have the CD and the files are on it as suggested but when I put in the startup command it just send the screen blank

the system I am using is listed below in my signature block

"A1200 Power Tower Blizzard 060 50mhz 160mhz PPC, 64mb Ram, Mediator LT4 SB128, Voodoo 3, NIC. DVDrw."

Don't see any amiga native graphics card in that setup, Mediator isn't supported in MOS as far i know.., rumours is around that there exist .HAL files with mediator / voodoo3 support, but the developers has on the forum stated that there exist no such support at all.. buy an bvision and then you go go!