PDA

View Full Version : Closed SCSI cable for external CDRom

walkero
18th February 2012, 11:46
I am looking for a cable to connect an external CDRom to an A590
or Blizzard SCSI connector. So, it has to have a D-Sub 25 pin male
from one side and a 50pin Centronics from the other. Does anyone has one spare that would like to sell?

fitzsteve
18th February 2012, 11:52
I might have one, will check later - P&P only. :thumbsup:

walkero
18th February 2012, 12:26
Thank you my friend. I look forward for it.

fitzsteve
19th February 2012, 23:18
Sadly I don't have the one you need here, hopefully someone else can help :coffee:

walkero
21st February 2012, 05:58
Does anyone has schematics for such cable, so that could create one?

mfilos
21st February 2012, 06:26
Hey man, I bought the following cable some time ago from AmigaKit for my Squirrel.

23357 23358

If it's something like that you want, you can easily use centronics IDC connector (blue one) and a classic SCSI 50pin one in a ribbon and be done with :)

BLTCON0
21st February 2012, 06:43
@walkero
Centronics 50 pin is standard, pinout here (http://old.pinouts.ru/HD/ScsiExternalCentronics50_pinout.shtml)

DB25 is non standard but Amiga uses Apple's pinout (http://www.nullmodem.com/DB-25.htm)

fitzsteve
21st February 2012, 19:23
Here, this should do the trick:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCSI-Lead-25-Pin-Male-50-Pin-Centronic-Male-Cable-1-Metre-/180798170397?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item2a1869251d

If they will only post in UK or oversea's is too expensive I'd be happy to take delivery and post on to you, would cost circa 3 to post that to Greece :thumbsup:

Steve.

cosmicfrog
22nd February 2012, 08:30
D-Sub 25 pin male to 50pin Centronics

let me go and have a looksie in me bag of scsi connectors, not sure if got one but fairly sure I got a cable like in mfilos pics

ekk that was to easy to find

so how much is postage to Athens then
oh and there be the obligatory ribbits to pay as well

walkero
22nd February 2012, 09:35
Thank you all guys for your replies.

@mfilos
Unfortunately, the cable you have is for the connection of a scsi device with a cable like the one I look for. Instead of this cable I have an external self powered case to host the device, including such a cable.

@BLTCON0
Thanks for the links. They look helpful.

@fitzsteve
I bought a few days ago such a cable, but unfortunately it doesn't work with A590. It locks my amiga as soon as a device is attached. I did a check on the pin connection both sides and seems that it doesn't have the right connections in it, for supporting an external scsi device, based on the pin connections that BLTCON0 gave before.

@cosmicfrog
Do you know if this cable is suitable for what I want to do? If yes, how much would you like to buy it and ship it to Athens, Greece?

cosmicfrog
22nd February 2012, 19:24
u tell me, thats why I posted the pic :Doh:

now whats wrong with the cable u have ???

what number is the HDD in the a590 ?
what number is the external CD
is termination set on the CD ?
are the terminating resisters taken out of the HDD assuming its scsi of course

and yes thats the cable you are looking for same as fitz posted

BLTCON0
22nd February 2012, 21:06
@walkero
Those cables are pretty standard, I see no reason yours would be an exception.
Is the pinout different or is some line simply broken?
I have one of them which happily connects my Blizzard SCSI (DB25) to an external enclosure (C50) with a hard disk and a CD-R.
As Cosmicfrog suggests, some more info on your SCSI bus setup would be useful.
Furthermore, the WD SCSI chip on the A590 is known for buggy behaviour with more than one device IIRC, the good revision is -08 I think (or the AMD equivalent chip).