Amiga enthusiast!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
Northampton, UK
Region
Northamptonshire, UK
Hi all,

Yep, that's right, I'm after a Commodore 1551 disk drive for my C16 (it's the black official one for the C16, doesn't work on C64)

I know these are mega-rare

Any help appreciated

Re: Wanted: Commodore 1551 Disk Drive

Bumperty bump bump ................ bump! :woot:

Anybody come across a working C-1551 recently?

Please, thank you and every other mannerable phrase!

Hi,

Their`s a dead one on fleebay if you fancy a project?

regards,

I've never actually seen one of these for sale. It would be a wonderful collector's item. :) Good luck with your search! :mrgreen:

Heather

Last I saw was a BIN from Germany for 49.99 EUR. Ended Oct 12 with no relist (yet). Still waiting to see. Seems like the most TED stuff is from Germany.
Trust me, If I had $250 Can to toss on the TED collection, I would have gotten it, I was quoted 75 EURO to ship it to Canada. Since 1 Euro is $2 Canadian, it was just too expensive for my blood, when a 1541 Floppy is so cheap here.

It's too bad that shipping costs kill off so many deals. The U.S. Dollar and Canadian Dollar are almost equal value right now and seem pretty week against the Euro and GBP. This means higher prices for us in North America. :(

I'm sure you'll find one sooner or later. I don't mind waiting to get some retro gear, such as the 128D. I held out quite a while then got a great deal.

Take care,

Heather

Source outside UK

Source outside UK

Hi,

Plus/4 was a rather popular and frequently used computer in Hungary. Because of that, it is a good source of available and still working hardwares (despite lower population compared to Germany, UK (only 10 million people).
Ebay is not working in Hungary, but have a similar one, Vatera. It is not .com, but .hu you may find there several C-16 or Plus/4 machines any time, in case your TED is killed (BTW it seems it worth to add a memory heatsink to reduce heat). And unfortunately no English UI.

Back to 1551: there is one on Vatera, but rather expensive, **** + postage (do not be optimistic, Hungarian Post company is requesting a high price for abroad shipments, maybe will cost further 15€)
A normal 1541/II costs ~****€, I am not sure, if it worth the high price (I know it is ~4x faster, but seems the price is calibrated for that too)

The guy has more than 2300 sold items, with 98% satisfaction level.
In case you interested, I can help, but be patient, I have a heavy work overload during weekdays.

Bye: MMS

*Edited by SkydivinGirl*

Last edited by a moderator:
I edited MMS's post to remove price information as it could be construed as price driving. I hope you find something soon woodycool!

Heather

Hi,

Thanks for that, although I have no C= stuff or business contact with the guy. :)

1541/II is X € and 1551 is usually 2*X or 2.5*X € :D
but ~4x faster.

good luck: MMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom