Mendel

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Country
Finland
Region
kokkola
I want a Blizzard 1260 for my new amiga 1200 project.

Something that has such ram chip(s) that the whole thing fits in the trapdoor slot.

edited message to make it clear that only Blizzard 1260 is now of interest and not an Apollo model.

Last edited:
A friend of mine warned me against accepting Apollo 1260 so I am not interested about those any more.

So it´ll either have to be a Blizzard 1260... or what else there is? I don´t know.

you will realistically only get an Apollo or a Blizzard 1260, the Apollo can only have 32mb ram standard or can be upgraded to accept 64mb.

the Apollo SCSI is pointless and unusable, whereas the Blizzard can have 256mb installed if you have the SCSI card add on.

in general the blizzard is a better card and easier to install/setup and have good compatability.

that said though, i love my Apollo, and when working correctly it is faster than a Blizzard

hope this helps

cheers, Justin

Yes compatibility is important so edited first message... Blizzard it is then.

I hope there are no strict rules against occasional finnish speaking ;)

Kiitos :) Ainakin nyt vaikuttas että pääsen vähän hitaammalla kortilla alkuun mutta katotaan josko joskus tulis tämmönenkin vastaan.

Oh I ended up spending so much on amiga hardware recently that I think I´ll have to put this 1260 thing on hold for now. Im not going to be able to afford it for like a couple of months at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom