PDA

View Full Version : We're going racing!

Justin
26th June 2009, 15:29
i don't known if any of you guys are interested, but we're off racing in Germany next week :thumbsup:

arnljot
26th June 2009, 15:56
FreakiŽn awesome!!

WhoŽs cars are these?

Justin
26th June 2009, 16:49
these 2 belong to a German construction company owner, he likes to go fast! lol

but we also have a few famous customers, Nick Mason, Roger Daltry, Ross Braun, Mike Gascoyne, Rod Stewert, Stevie Winwood, Richard Hammond and Pat Symonds to name a few

JuvUK

arnljot
26th June 2009, 17:14
What do you do for a living really? Seems like you have access to some really choice wheels!

Justin
26th June 2009, 19:01
I'm a Ferrari parts manager, but i help out with the racing stuff. my claim to fame is the shell oil advert, we did the bit in Rio (has anyone here seen it? it's an amazing ad, turn the volume up!)

actually just found the ad on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39uqfnW1wS8

would anyone like to see some of the behind the scenes photos and prep work?

JuvUK

Kin Hell
26th June 2009, 19:47
Awesome Vid link m8y. I just sat here with goose bumps, on goose bumps, on goose bumps. What a 'rorky' sound.

Brilliant & good luck in Germany too.

In your top picture, heh, ...I've stood in that workshop loads of times! :drool: You're a lucky, lucky git, being in there all the time. :mrgreen:

Kin

arnljot
26th June 2009, 19:50
HadnŽt seen that one before. Very cool. Were you behind the scenes here?

Justin
26th June 2009, 20:01
we only went to Rio (Bob is driving the car) with the 1997 Schumacher car, you have no idea how much work went into those few seconds of film, but it was very, very cool to do, we also supplied the Monaco car but we didn't go, have you ever tried to find a sticker that covers a sticker, that won't peel off with speed yet can be removed leaving no residue or damaging the original artwork underneath? lol that took some sorting, also try importing nitrogen bottles to start an f1 car into Brazil! really difficult until you say "Ferrari F1 car driving down your beach front" then they become helpful lol

JuvUK

Justin
26th June 2009, 20:04
@kin,
it is a great vid isn't it? helps having no music and no narration (until the end) just the pure engine sounds.
and all of those pics were taken in that famous workshop buddy (the car transporter is inside :wink: )

JuvUK

Shoonay
26th June 2009, 21:08
Just don't brake Kubica's bolid this time? Okay, please, mmmkay? ;)

Justin
26th June 2009, 21:38
actually i rate Kubica very highly, great driver, pooey suck pants car :wink:

(mind you the Ferrari is a a pile of poo as well this year!)

JuvUK

imnogeek
27th June 2009, 14:55
Great vid, No need to say have fun on your racing day is there :)

woodycool
29th June 2009, 08:15
NICE CARS!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

McVenco
29th June 2009, 11:09
Do my eyes deceive me, or is that a 288 GTO on the bridge in the second photo? :drool: :inlove: :drool:

My favourite Ferraris are from the 80s (when I was a kid), and the GTO is on top of that list (followed by the 328 and Testarossa). If I could take that car for a spin it would leave me a much happier person....

Justin
29th June 2009, 11:55
it is indeed a gto! good choice there McVenco :D

here are some of the "behind the scenes pic i promised

Justin
29th June 2009, 11:59
a special piccie for Kinny-poos :wink:

SkydivinGirl
29th June 2009, 16:12
Hey Juv! While you were taking pictures of my driveway, you could have knocked on the door and said hello!

:wink:

Heather

Justin
29th June 2009, 16:19
Hey Juv! While you were taking pictures of my driveway, you could have knocked on the door and said hello!

:wink:

Heather

nah, you wouldn't want me to, i wouldn't be able to stop myself dragging you by your hair off to my cave! ugh!!

:ROTFLOL2: :run:

SkydivinGirl
29th June 2009, 16:25
Tsk tsk tsk... No dragging by the hair. I'd share a pint though!

:pint:

Heather :wink:

Harrison
30th June 2009, 15:41
That is indeed a great video. I can only imagine the fun you all had spending time filming Ferraris. :)

One question. Was this video made before or after Honda's? Very similar concept of racing a companies vehicles through the ages.

There is nothing like the feeling you get watching a video that you were personally involved with. Well... when the end result is good. Years ago I had to rush out a video for a network broadcast show and we all knew it was bad. I did at least manage to avoid going to the show where it was being displayed so I wasn't implicated. ;)

Justin
30th June 2009, 15:58
That is indeed a great video. I can only imagine the fun you all had spending time filming Ferraris. :)

One question. Was this video made before or after Honda's? Very similar concept of racing a companies vehicles through the ages.

There is nothing like the feeling you get watching a video that you were personally involved with. Well... when the end result is good. Years ago I had to rush out a video for a network broadcast show and we all knew it was bad. I did at least manage to avoid going to the show where it was being displayed so I wasn't implicated. ;)

:shhh: it was after the Honda one, but don't tell anyone, the honda one was based on a Fiat one from years ago, again :shhh: this is all insider stuff :wink:

davideo
30th June 2009, 16:31
There is nothing like the feeling you get watching a video that you were personally involved with. Well... when the end result is good. ;)

I agree but then it would also depend on the type of films being made :drool:

Dave G 8)