Paulcan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
U.K
Region
Essex
Choose 512k or 1mb A500 disk,

I need a disk or .adf file which disables the extra memory, I seem to remember california games not working properly untill you removed the 512k from the trapdoor of your a500 1.3 kick, this prog booted had a screen with a tick on or off, then you inserted the game after and it worked, great program can you remember the name of it? Or something which is exactly the same?

If ever there was a game which didn't work on my A500 1.3 (which wasn't many) I could try this disk and normally it would fix it.

(I'm sure I didn't dream it, the screen had gfx on it, can't quite remember, but I'm sure it had a 512k pic and a 1mb pic and a green tick appeared after you picked which one you wanted)

Thanks in advance for any help!
Even just the name of it would help, or I could buy it from one of you??

Re: Choose 512k or 1mb A500 disk?

Hi, if I remember correctly, Workbench has a little tool called NoFastMem, which disables the extra memory. Alternative solution, would be to use WhdLoad, or even download Degrader from Aminet.

Mate, WHDload is not an option for Amigas without HD. Specially those with only 512kb of chip RAM and no FAST RAM at all.

Yes mate, you're right. And even without an 030, where are you going? :drinkin:

WHDload just need 1Mb chip + 2Mb Fast and an HD to run properly. Even 1Mb of Fast RAM suffices if you disable preload in the game's icon.

Self experience.

I know what your saying I have two Amiga's at the moment, one is a A500 1mb total 1.3 kick, I used this for games perfectly ok in the 90's played nearly everything but that program disk helped, just want to find it, it's out there just need a clue.
I just want this machine to play floppies only.

Also I have a A500 + with 2mb + gvp hd8+ and now with 8mb fast ram, this will be my whdload machine for now it has a 70mb ish hdd and 2.0, this will get me back into the swing again (I'm gonna get a 1-2gig drive for more room)

Then I may get something else 1200? or upgrade the A500+ we'll see how I go.

:please: help me find this program.

Also :please: :please: can someone show me a guide that shows me how to install the lha and lzx tools for extracting, there was a excellent guide on ancient toys amiga website but it's gone, it showed step by step setup of workbench 2.0 on a hdd then how to install (with shell commands) lha and lza tools then how to install and run whdload, I've done it before through winuae but I need this guide as I am a novice (idiot) compared to all of you.

It was so easy with this guide, I've looked a jambo's how to's but they only do whdload from 3.* so I'm guessing the extraction tools are already there so it only shows whdload install.

I did even have a print out of it but I cannot find it :banghead:

P.S
I have a null modem cable and a version of Amiga explorer (which I paid for may I add) so I can transfer any file froma pc which is on the net to the hdd of the Amiga, just need someone to point me to the lha and lzx tools and some shell commands to run and use those tools, + whdload setup.
Then I will buy the full version of whdload and then happy days, can run everything again.

Thanks for any idea.

Paul.

Degrader (available on Aminet) is perfect for your needs.

It is a small resident program to force a machine to PAL/NTSC, remove Fast RAM, disabling >68000 CPU, etc.

Thanks buddy I will give that a go.
Ta Paul.

Thanks people all sorted, please close this thread
Ta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom