AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
Bavaria
Hi,

I got a Commodore A2088T bridgeboard (the one with a NEC V20 CPU on it). But it is only the board. Has anyone a manual or some installation information (jumper settings, floppy details) for me?

Thanks a lot!

Just hook a 5.25" floppy to it (HD or DD, doesn't matter), chuck in the installation disk (Janus.library is mandatory) on the Amiga drive and use the 5.25" for pc programs.

You can find the installation disk on Installer's Heaven.

I can also use HD Floppy drives? Only for 360k disks or even for 1.2m disks?

---------- Post added at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:29 ----------

Does anyone know, how to use shared floppies? Do I need a floppy cable as for the A2386sx?

The 5.25" floppy is exclusive to the bridgeboard and must be wired to it(you can share it after janus is loaded).

The device will be only recognized as a 360k disk, even if a 1.2 unit is used. If the bridgeboard is a 2286 or a Golden Gate, then the 1.2 unit will read HD disks and even boot from they.

OK, but I can use a HD floppy, because 360k floppies are very rare. And what about the 3.5" floppies, can I use one of those as a real shared one like for a A2386sx?

I've got an A2088/A2286 Bridgeboard manual (ENGLISH) if you're interested in it. If so send me a PM, and we'll discuss further

D.T. (UK)

Is is the manual for the 2088T version (9.54 MHz) with NEC V20 CPU? For the 2088 with Intel 8088 I have a manual!

Is is the manual for the 2088T version (9.54 MHz) with NEC V20 CPU? For the 2088 with Intel 8088 I have a manual!

My manual appears to be the same as the one you already say you have for the 4.77MHz 2088 XT, and the 8MHz 2286 AT boards,

So maybe my manual is of no extra use to you, but ...

It's the thought that counts :LOL:

Thanks that you want to help doubbletrubble, but the A2088T is complete different to the A2088, so I am searching again!!

Thank you my friend, but there are no jumper settings or descriptions of the connectors!

Thank you mate, but again only facts for the A2088XT, the A2286 and the A2386SX...

A2088T is the same A2088XT.

[EDIT]The same in behaviour. Jumper configuration is different, sorry.

Last edited:
Checking what I could find about this particular board, I see it only have four jumpers.

Two of them are for selecting if the user will install a real pc floppy (either 5.25" or 3.5", but both are DD units, no support for HD units on XT computers) or a real/shared Amiga floppy.

This feature is commanded by the pair of jumpers near the floppy headers on top right of the board.

The other pair of jumpers seems to set the crystal clock and presence of the FPU, but I can be wrong.

I tried a little and a 3.5" 1.44 mb PC floppy works fine, but of course only as DD floppy...
Interesting, I have the Rev. 3.1 and it has one jumper less than Rev. A nearby the internal floppy connector... (only one,not two as the Rev. A board)

---------- Post added at 13:27 ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 ----------

What I found out...

JA1 is for setting the video emulation mode (nearly similar to the A2088XT only turned 180°)
The one jumper nearby the internal drive connector on my Rev. 3.1 board is for setting the drive type, direction to the Faraday chip: Amiga drive, direction to the slot plate: PC drive

So there is only one jumper, that I do not know, left. It is the JA2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom