PDA

View Full Version : HxC setup

Xanxi
2nd March 2012, 21:57
Hi.

I now have a new external HxC on my A1200 thanks to CDTV1991 from amibay.

As i have never used one, i would like some informations.

- can it be set up as DF2 or DF3? In the manual, i see only DF0 or DF1, i guess because it is made tt be internal. My usual A1200 setup include 2 external drives that i would like to keep.

- how to use the ipf files? I have downloaded a dll file for win64x but the windows software still can't convert ipf.

- is there an amiga software to setup the HxC directly from inside AmigaOS?

That's all for now.

rkauer
2nd March 2012, 22:16
If the HxC doesn't have a passtrough conector you are stuck with only two drives, sorry. If it have, then simply plug the other devices after it.

Then the remaining drives will be DF2: & DF3:.

IPF files cannot be converted back to any other format. They are only for use with kryoflux and WinUAE.

Hmm... Setup? What is available to setup in the drive? You mean controlling disk swapping directly from OS? Then the answer is no.

mfilos
2nd March 2012, 22:16
Can you give some pictures or schematics Xanxi mate on how you connected it?
I was thinking on doing the same at some point, but I would love the wiring :)

Apart from that I'd suggest you put your questions on Jeff's forum here:
http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/index.php

He's very active and very helpful :)

There is software for Atari/Amstrad and Amiga for dealing with HxC image loading etc, and changing disks with 1 button (i can't recall the utilization) but if you check Jeff's page it has all the downloads with manuals :)

Xanxi
2nd March 2012, 22:33
@mfilos:
I'm not the one whol built it. Look the original thread and pictures here http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=25680

@rkauer:
Unfortunately, the passthrough is not accessible, but i would like to connect the HxC at the end of teh chain, after DF1 and DF2.
I have read in the manual that ipf is supported, so does that mean i just put them on the SD without converting to hfe.

rkauer
3rd March 2012, 00:21
In the end of the chain you'll have nothing but problems, as the two drives in middle will autoconfigure themselves to DF1 & DF2, so no bananas.

I think you must hack a passtrough on the unit and then attach the other units after it.

merlinkv
3rd March 2012, 06:30
Hi Xanxi,

I have the same situation as you.

You can config as DF0-DF1 or DF1-DF2 but DF3 is unavailable.

The problem for this great board still in the virtual floppy config. They are configured by jumpers.

The only solution is a passtrought floppy port but I don't have any idea to do that.

Jeff_HxC2001
3rd March 2012, 09:10
Hi Xanxi,

I have the same situation as you.

You can config as DF0-DF1 or DF1-DF2 but DF3 is unavailable.

The problem for this great board still in the virtual floppy config. They are configured by jumpers.

The only solution is a passtrought floppy port but I don't have any idea to do that.

I have used up to 4 virtuals drives (with 2 HxC) on Amiga 500. You have just to get the DS2 & DS3 signals from the external connector and connect them on the jumper pins of the hxc (without jumper).

---------- Post added at 10:04 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

IPF files cannot be converted back to any other format. They are only for use with kryoflux and WinUAE.

The HxC support IPF since 2008. But the SD HxC doesn't emulate all protection.
To have a full IPF support, get the USB HxC.

---------- Post added at 10:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 ----------

Hi.
- can it be set up as DF2 or DF3? In the manual, i see only DF0 or DF1, i guess because it is made tt be internal. My usual A1200 setup include 2 external drives that i would like to keep.

Yes (see my previous response)

- how to use the ipf files? I have downloaded a dll file for win64x but the windows software still can't convert ipf.

Use the 32bits version.

- is there an amiga software to setup the HxC directly from inside AmigaOS?

Yes, someone done it :
http://c0ff33.net/~rkujawa/
but i never tried it.