PDA

View Full Version : xbox problem

morcar
2nd March 2012, 23:18
I thought I would throw this up on here and maybe someone can solve it for me although I think I already know the answer.

I have a classic xbox V1.2 and its been working with no problems until my controller broke down so I had to throw the controller out and buy new ones.

Today I had the new controllers so I plugged them in and tried them out only to find that port 1 was not working.

As I had a spare controller port I connected that onto the mobo and port 1 was still not working. Port 2 on the other hand was working with no problems.

I think its the mobo that's at fault but how can port 2 work and then port 1 don't when they are coming from the same connection on the motherboard ?

Hope someone can help cuz this is driving me crazy.

Tajmaster
2nd March 2012, 23:34
I believe Shambles is your man here buddy, Im sure he will be along soon to help you out :thumbsup:

ShambleS1980
2nd March 2012, 23:37
you should try the second group of 2 ports. connected to where the 1st ports are. could possibly be just a connection issue.

although i could well be missunderstanding your issues entierly.

You could also start checking the traces leading to the 5 pins on the left. "3 on the top line 2 on the bottom" the second pin on the bottom row isnt neciseraly something you need to worry about.

the 2 controll ports are just usb ports but the usb port is split in to 2, 12 pins 2 sets of 6, 3 on top 3 on the bottom. only 5 of each are actualy used. and only 4 of each are technically needed. and port 2 is pretymuch upside down compared to port 1. but ground is the 3rd pin of the top row of both sets..
so there is 3 wires on the top row. although they arent in the same order, only ground is in the same place (if that makes any sence)

G G
. . . . . .
. . . . . .

morcar
2nd March 2012, 23:38
I swapped the connections and I still get nothing from one of the ports

ShambleS1980
2nd March 2012, 23:57
then i would start with the trace's. they get corroded prety easy after handeling, and given that its port 1. the clock cap could have leaked and corroded some of the traces.

the cap will be to the left of the port so keep an eye out for it.

edit.

looks like your most likley issue would be a small group of resistors off to the left of the game port connection.
8 little dark brown jobbys. check none have come loose.

you dont happen to have a decent quality cam with macro mode to take a pic do you ?

morcar
3rd March 2012, 08:04
I will use the wifes blackberry today and take a pic of them close up as she has the best one.