cd32 boot disk needed

Mendel

AmiBayer
Country
Finland
Region
kokkola
I have an amiga 1200 and 1230 with scsi kit and external cd drive and I´m trying to make my 1200 boot cd32 cd games. scsi tools program recognizes the cd drive so I guess it should be working fine.

So I did also get a "cd32 boot" diskette but it reports read fault at block 8 due to my failing to handle it properly.

Now what I´m wondering is, does this let me make another very similar diskette: http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/IDEfix97
There´s a "cd32 emulator" part about it that seems like it might do the trick but Im unsure if this is compatible. (I have workbench 3.1 for now.)

In any case, if anyone has better idea like if there is a cd32 boot disk adf somewhere in the depths of the net, please let me know :help:

use the cd32 program included with IDEFix or there is another one that i can't remember the name of.

you don't actually need a floppy disk as IDEfix will install the cd32 boot software to your harddrive

Oh... so will it work like this: after installation, it will check for cd upon bootup and if it finds one, then it starts it... and if no cd is inserted then it boots workbench from hard drive?

I guess I´ll just have to try it out.

Oh... so will it work like this: after installation, it will check for cd upon bootup and if it finds one, then it starts it... and if no cd is inserted then it boots workbench from hard drive?

I guess I´ll just have to try it out.

if you boot while pressing F10 it will give you a CD32 boot options menu, if you don't press F10 it will boot into workbench as usual

That´s great! Will try it.

I never got on with the IDEFix CD32 emulator.
I use the HiSoft emulator, 100% compatability so far.

I even got it to give smoother fluid speed than a proper CD32, as it lets you tweak options for each cd inserted.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting. All kinds of questions spring to mind though, such as how and where can I get it from?

Sounds interesting. All kinds of questions spring to mind though, such as how and where can I get it from?

SurfSquirrel.dms SurfSquirrel by HiSoft.

From this page;
Installer Heaven

I currently tweaked mine to detect CD in drive. If it finds one it will load it, else it boots into workbench.
You can also alter settings for each disc when its inserted while in workbench.

Now I had a previous encounter with dms files when I was trying to get a demo to work. Problem is I can write an adf file into disk with the easyadf transfer kit but it does not see dms files. So I would either need to somehow convert it into an adf file or maybe I dont need to write it into a disk at all?

Is it just enough if I transfer the dms file into the amiga hdd and then... should it be just double clickable there or something? Ohhh I feel like such an idiot :D

Now I had a previous encounter with dms files when I was trying to get a demo to work. Problem is I can write an adf file into disk with the easyadf transfer kit but it does not see dms files. So I would either need to somehow convert it into an adf file or maybe I dont need to write it into a disk at all?

Is it just enough if I transfer the dms file into the amiga hdd and then... should it be just double clickable there or something? Ohhh I feel like such an idiot :D

Do what I do, use winuae. Create two blank adf's with same names as dms ones, copy all data from dms disks to adf disks.

Sure there is a dms convertor, but I could'nt be fussed with messing around with it.

I have the none surf version on network somewhere. As I have a squirrel (god knows where I put it though, dont use it any more I put my drive inside my A1200).

I can Email you a .lha file of the Squirrel Disk np. (y)

If you do email it, is it possible to email it as an adf file? because I´m not too sure about how any other of those image file types work :blink:

When I boot the 1GB cf card on winuae, I get to some sort of prompt which asks me to insert bootable media. Now this would probably be easy with the real amiga, with winuae not so much as I cant get to a point where I could start transferring files from one place to another :Doh:

I'll see what I can do. Nothing is installed on my MicroDrive. Just a bare OS atm. I should have whacked all my setup files on there whilst I still had the Blizzard SCSI. On top of that, WinUAE isnt on this PC of mine after just upgrading the RAID array. :Doh:

I'll MSDOS a few floppys as quick as I can just as soon as the neighbours cats are fed and watered. ;)

thats ADF for Amiga Delay: Feline

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:08 ----------

I think lha file might be okay after all... So if you just send me that then I´ll try and figure it out, ok?

Hopefully, you are covered from every angle now. (y)

If I could, I would give you 10 positive reviews but you´re going to have to make do with the one I already gave you :LOL:

I´ll try to find my way now. Lots of assembling and tinkering to do still!

Back
Top Bottom