vga box

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
hi all,
i have put this in here as i don't know where else to post it.

I'm looking for a box that can accept 2 x vga in, 1 x component, 1 x s-video and an RF, then all out to vga, anyone seen a box that will accept all these inputs?

cheers, JuvUK

Re: vga box

the problem is, i don't even know if these exist so it's not a wanted such and such, it's more of a can you even get something like this

I moved the topic to AmiOracle because it seems like a question about technology.

I picked up a device called a "VGA Box" from Amazon to use in my arcade machine. Unfortunately, it does not have all the different types of connectors you are interested in. Maybe the same company makes another version?

I tried a KWORLD TVBox 1920ex that seems to have all the connectors you want, but I found the video quality lacking.

Hope that points you in the right direction!

Heather

Hi Heather,
thankyou for moving the thread and the link.
it's close but not quiet what i'm after, by VGA i mean the 15 pin vga connectors, what i want to do is connect my 360, amiga, megadrive, 3do and dreamcast all up to my 22" samsung which has 1 x vga and 1 x hdmi, my pc uses the hdmi and i have a vga splitter connecting the 360 and amiga

Hey Juvvy, couldn't you do it via scart and use a scart switcher box or something similar or will that just not do?

Mike

yo Mikey dude,
scart would be quiet easy to do, but i'm worried i'd lose the high def output from the 360, the amiga and consoles shouldn't matter.

scratch that, the amiga has a scan doubler so that will need to be VGA, the 360 needs to be vga so it's gotta have at least to vga connections, i'm using a splitter for this at the mo.
the 3do i think will need s-video or composite, the megadrive is currently using scart, but could use s-video not sure about the dreamcast yet as it's not arrived yet but i'm guessing s-video but i have seen a vga cable for it so maybe 3 x vga?

i think this is going to prove quite difficult to do :(

So how about leaving the Amiga & 360 on the VGA and then a cheap scart adaptor for the rest of the systems.
I have a little box i bought off imnogeek that has 4 scart and 1 composite (i believe thats the red/white/yellow connections for the 3do) inputs and i can switch between them.
I have a Xbox (composite), PS2 (scart), Dreamcast (scart), Gamecube (scart), & Ps1 (scart) connected to it and they all go to the single scart input on the TV.
Its quite a nice little box for games consoles and it sounds like it might be a little difficult to have one for all connections though.

Mike

well i want to use everything on my monitor so i think it will need a box of tricks to make them monitor compatible and how to connect the scart box to the monitor as it has no scart connection

well i'm fresh out of ideas then lol. Good luck on your search.

Mike

well how about this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-Way-4-Port-VGA- ... 1|294%3A50

the 360 and amiga will both plug straight in, the dreamcast has a vga cable so that should plug straight in as well, now the 3do has s-video out, so get an s-video to vga adaptor and that'll give me vga on the 3do (but i think the 3do'd output will be too low for the monitor?) hhmmmmmm

It can be a bit more complex than this Juzzer. Be sure the devices you plug into a switch box can handle a switched connection. Not all can. :wink:

Charlie

*edit* Good quality switch boxes are usually more expensive than the example you are linking to.

I don't think you are ging to find a consumer box that will do everything you ask.

I've not seen a single consumer box that can accept all of those different forms of input. Most I've seen around £30-50 only accept and upscale/convert S-Video and Composite in the same box and output it to VGA at up to WXGA resolution (1366x768).

And when you introduce component inputs it starts to get more expensive. For £90 there is a component to VGA converter. You can find those at http://www.js-technology.com/product_in ... ucts_id=52

However there are single AV switches available that can do what you wish. Those made by the US company Avenview. Their 8-port VGA/Component switch offers upto 8 inputs for VGA, Component, S-Video and Composite, with automatic input detection, plus IR remote control and on box button switching. It comes at a price though. $395 USD.

http://www.avenview.com/8-port-vga-comp ... -1466.html

156da100a2debe60bebeefa9fea70b75.image.750x99.JPG

They also do a cheaper 4-port version for £295 USD which is still about £178. So quite expensive.

http://www.avenview.com/4-port-vga-comp ... -1465.html

The reason they are so expensive is because this equipment is prosumer stuff aimed mainly as business to business customers, exhibitions, showrooms and home cinema enthusiasts. These units do have much higher quality video conversion and upscale and even support full 1080p, WUXGA and UXGA resolutions.

Finally have a look at this and I bet you wish you could afford one!

http://www.smartvm.com/MULTI-VIDEO-FORM ... P42435.htm

MULTI-VIDEO-FORMAT-MATRIX-ROUTING-SWITCHER-SB-3877-I27333.jpg

Or even it's smaller non HDMI version:

http://www.smartvm.com/MULTI-VIDEO-FORM ... P41345.htm

MULTI-VIDEO-FORMAT-ROUTING-SWITCHER-SB-3866-I25613.jpg

Harrison said:
<snip>

Finally have a look at this and I bet you wish you could afford one!

MULTI-VIDEO-FORMAT-MATRIX-ROUTING-SWITCHER-SB-3877-I27333.jpg

<snip>

F'ook!! :shock:

But then thats the kind of kit you need, when you have a serious Home Cinema/Eat ur heart out Hi-Fi, piped all over ur ranch. :mrgreen:

Kin

I know what Zetro will be asking wifey for for Xmas.

@r0jaws

Yep.... you got it buddy!!!

ALL THE COMPONENTS TO BUILD MY OWN!!!!!!

*ahem..... what...? .... what were you thinking?

Back
Top Bottom