PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Diablo 2

slk486
12th March 2012, 13:35
Seeing as D3 is coming up, I got the urge to play through Diablo 2 again - this time with my son. So, I'm on the lookout for a copy - preferably (big) boxed.

Edit: Also looking for the original Diablo.

Can't remember, would I need two sets or could you play 2 people on the same copy?

Let me know :)

Laudrup
12th March 2012, 13:50
You need only one set of CDs, but two different keys. The keys alone are cheap at the other bay.

slk486
12th March 2012, 14:02
Ok, thanks :thumbsup:

ratfink
12th March 2012, 16:31
You need only one set of CDs, but two different keys. The keys alone are cheap at the other bay.

I recall it used to work across a LAN with just one key, and with the latest patch you don't need a CD in the drive either.

Laudrup
12th March 2012, 16:48

I recall it used to work across a LAN with just one key, and with the latest patch you don't need a CD in the drive either.

I think 1.09 was the best version of D2 LOD. You dont need the latest patch 1.13. Its necessary, that the mpq files from the CD are on the hd. :thumbsup:

ratfink
12th March 2012, 17:01
I think 1.09 was the best version of D2 LOD. You dont need the latest patch 1.13. Its necessary, that the mpq files from the CD are on the hd. :thumbsup:

Agreed. Although the respec feature [isnt that why there was such a recent patch?] ought to be handy - I felt it detracted from the original feel of the game.

I guess Diablo3 is bound to be similar to WoW in some ways, but that's kinda inevitable, lessons learned etc, though personally I wish they would keep the games as different as possible.

slk486
12th March 2012, 17:05
I disavoved all knowledge of warcraft after 2, so I hope so too :)

I'm sure Blizzard realize that they are two separate games with separate audiences.

I still need a copy though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laudrup
12th March 2012, 17:57
checked my stash, have one d2 with lod available, but its german only.

slk486
12th March 2012, 18:13
Thanks for offering, but i prefer the english version :)

Skellionz
27th March 2012, 17:36
I do have the orignal and expansion but i have registered the keys through my battle net so prob wont be able to be done again. hmm

slk486
27th March 2012, 18:44
I dont think battlenet is needed for lan coop is it? If not, I'm fine with that.

What's your price mate?

BlindGerMan
27th March 2012, 18:48
You'll need BattleNet only for Online gaming, not for a little private LAN party! :D

slk486
15th May 2012, 10:06
Still want this - even more now with the Diablo 3 always online fiasco :double

Also looking for the original Diablo (Diablo 1).

fogWraith
15th May 2012, 10:20
With an account on Battle.net, I believe you can purchase digital copies of most of their games... Diablo 1 is not on their list however (get a retail copy from their store @ http://eu.blizzard.com/store/browse.xml?f=c:1)

With the digital copy, online / offline play works just fine.

slk486
15th May 2012, 10:25
With an account on Battle.net, I believe you can purchase digital copies of most of their games... Diablo 1 is not on their list however (get a retail copy from their store @ http://eu.blizzard.com/store/browse.xml?f=c:1)

Cheers, I did see that, but I'd love to get a boxed copy though - not their newer boring dvd cases ;)

fogWraith
15th May 2012, 10:33

Cheers, I did see that, but I'd love to get a boxed copy though - not their newer boring dvd cases ;)

The retail store, provided by the link there, should get you boxed copies ;)
If not, most stores that have games, have these either on the shelves or in the bin of awesome deals :)

slk486
15th May 2012, 12:09
The retail store, provided by the link there, should get you boxed copies ;)
If not, most stores that have games, have these either on the shelves or in the bin of awesome deals :)

No those are the DVD cover copies, not the (big) boxes.

slk486
19th July 2012, 16:59
Found offsite, so can be marked and closed.