Not open for further replies.

cardboardboxer

Rating - 100%
15   0   1
Country
EU
Region
UK
RF is okay on the 800xl unlike the C64 but id like a set of A/V cables to hook up to the tv. Cant find any on the internet at all. Ive seen diagrams for making up cables but lack any soldering skills to do that. You can get luma but chroma isn't connected to the video out so i dont know if that can be soldered back on inside the machine.

So looking for a regular composite cable.

Hey Kieran

If you need me to make one up for you just drop us a PM

TC ;)

Edit - Actually my friend, I have just been looking at the wiring pinouts and if you have a 5pin c64 cable then it will also work with the 800xl as the pin to signal designations are the same.

2=Gnd.
3=Audio.
4=Composite Video.

So there you have it LOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/thomas3120

Im a sub of Thomas on youtube, i looked at his mod video today actually when i was looking for video output solutions on the 800xl :LOL:

Hey Kieran

If you need me to make one up for you just drop us a PM

TC :wink:

Edit - Actually my friend, I have just been looking at the wiring pinouts and if you have a 5pin c64 cable then it will also work with the 800xl as the pin to signal designations are the same.

2=Gnd.
3=Audio.
4=Composite Video.

So there you have it LOL

Yeah it seems the 5pin DIN are identical in pin layout. My 800xl isnt modified for Chroma so i should be able to just buy a regular C64 5 pin DIN scart or AV cable from ebay for cheap. Haha thats pretty handy! Ive got an 8pin Scart with chroma and luma (essentially s-video in a scart block) coming soon for my C64 so i dont have one compatible with a 5pin DIN already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom