Large format prints of cleaned up retro box art. Any interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scole

Banned
Rating - 97.7%
43   1   0
Country
Kent, UK
Being the happy owner of an A2 printer, I've taken to brushing up in photoshop and printing off interesting bits and pieces I come across on the web. I've got a couple of killer Macho Man Randy Savage prints hanging in my office/den. I came across some Monkey Island box art that has been cleaned up, ie all the guff that would have been scanned in originally removed. I'm sure some of you have seen these images floating around, they look great. This got me to thinking, what other box art would look good cleaned up. Well, i've done Frontier Elite and I think it looks rather neat. Working on a Lemmings one too. Have a look at the picture attached. Those are A2 prints (excuse terrible iphone quality, couldn't be bothered to put my proper camera together, just got back from a 12 mile bike ride, energy levels are low!).

Would anyone be interested in some prints? Not looking to get rich, cover costs and materials and a drink for the time spent I guess. I'll figure it out if anyone's up for it. Have semi-matte roll in the printer now, can print on glossy roll too, for A2. Have A3 glossy as well, and the prints look amazing on that paper! See the picture of the full MI set I run off.

Just shooting the breeze at the moment, would be interested to hear your thoughts!

S

Attachments

• photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 0
  • ZX0L4102.jpg
    ZX0L4102.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 0
@everyone

Yay, happy to see such a positive response. Im literally just off out for the afternoon so will have to continue the conversation later, but am pleased. Won't be a problem sending international, will just have to source some tubes!

In the meantime, requests! What would you like? If you've got the game box already, if it's practical then post it to me to make a high res scan and I can send it back. If not maybe it could be sourced for next to nothing on the other place. We'll cross those bridges as we need to. Let's get a wish list going for now.

S

For members interested in Scole's large format printing offer.

For members interested in Scole's large format printing offer.

Please can you PM scole directly to discuss pricing and the specific images you would like him to print. Many retro images, especially box art scans, are still copyrights so we would rather specifics were kept private.

Cheers for offering this service scole! (y)

Hiyas Scole

I think your tallents could be in a lot of use here

have a sign up and chat, these guys need things like maps made up from the orignal PDF's - talk with the developers see if there okay for you to provide a printing service for things like boxes / CD Sleves

failing that... do you do commison work? =)

Hello!

Righto, I've set up a space off site so as to insulate the mighty A'Bay from any potential copyright complaints that could come up off this. I'm not worried at all about any potential cease and desist letters that I may get sent, but it would be a pretty poor show to drop my favourite retro board in the poo poo...

I can't imagine it will cause any trouble anyway, as far as I can see this panning out, it's strictly a hobbyist endeavour. Whilst I will supply prints to those who want them, the way I see me guiding this is towards a community of enthusiasts celebrating the box imagery for what it is: art! Hopefully we'll end up with an archive of cleaned up and revitalized box art hosted online for all and sundry to download and enjoy!

http://www.vintagegameart.com/

Come one, come all. Sign up and join in! :D

S

fantastic , PM on the way ...my grotto is in need of some nice A2 prints.

by the way i looked at doing this very same thing a couple of years ago ...but as usual never did :-(

I apologize i read it, i guess the image are still copyright since they might do "remakes" of the games.

fantastic , PM on the way ...my grotto is in need of some nice A2 prints.

by the way i looked at doing this very same thing a couple of years ago ...but as usual never did :-(

I'm like that with projects too. Have great idea after great idea but carry so few of them forward.

PM replied.

S

---------- Post added at 06:31 ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 ----------

I apologize i read it, i guess the image are still copyright since they might do "remakes" of the games.

Hello. Go across to my forum, sign up and drop a note in the requests folder.

S

Nm i found the artist still sells these prints so i'm looking into buying the official ones. Great service you offer here btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom