Amiga 1200T Cool
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Barry,Wales
hi all
I am looking for a amiga external floppy drive case no drive or board just the case the plastic cumana one if not must be slim line version(y)

I think I may have one of those in storage. I will see if I can dig it out and take a picture. It was a supra drive at one point in time, if I remember correctly. Let me look and I'll let you know.

These Cumana drives (CAX-354) use a very specific PCB and a very specific Sony (IIRC) drive which plugs directly onto the PCB. This allows a secure yet screwless snap-in minimal-size case design.

So if Amigat has the PCB and suitable plug-in drive from a previous CAX-354 unit and is looking to replace the housing, I think it MUST be this for the assembly to properly fit. Although I guess the case from the other version of the CAX-354 (photo1) will do too, as they measure the exact same dimensions and have the connectors placed at the same spots on the back (photo2), it's a snap-in case too most likely built around the same PCB+drive combo anyway.

Attachments

• cumana2.jpg
    cumana2.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 2
  • cumanaboth.jpg
    cumanaboth.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 2
I've got a slimline external floppy for sale HERE. It's not working at the moment so might be suitable for whatever you've got planned? The case is a really good quality steel construction and the drive is held in with a couple of screws. There's a power and ribbon connection on the back.

Yes I found it. It's missing the covering for the end of the cable. and pin one has become disconnected. I need to call Ed and see if he has any Parallel printer brackets and seal the end of the cable after re-connecting pin one. Once I get it done, I'll test the external case to verify that it works.

i don't need the floppy drive, cable or board just the case !!!

Yes I found it. It's missing the covering for the end of the cable. and pin one has become disconnected. I need to call Ed and see if he has any Parallel printer brackets and seal the end of the cable after re-connecting pin one. Once I get it done, I'll test the external case to verify that it works.

Sorry I had work pop up last week. It's funny how whole network systems just seem to fail right before a holiday weekend. I got to spend Easter in a server room resurrecting a network for a company. I have the pictures I've attached them to the bottom of this post.

If you have any questions please let me know. Aside from the obvious, which is why is your desk so messy..
?

Attachments

• DSCN6174.jpg
    DSCN6174.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN6175.jpg
    DSCN6175.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 3
I have no clue. I don't know what shipping would be. It appears to be too long to fit in a small flat rate, and I would be concerned sending it in a jiffy bag. PM me with shipping details and I'll find out shipping for you to make certain that won't break the bank since shipping has gotten ridiculous lately.

Payment received. I have the shipping materials, once all shipping information confirmed I will get it shipped. Hopefully here today.

It's shipped. USPS states 6-10 days to reach the United Kingdom. That doesn't include any delay that it is in customs. Please let me know when you get it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom