PDA

View Full Version : Found Amiga external floppy drive case

amigat
31st March 2012, 10:04
hi all
I am looking for a amiga external floppy drive case no drive or board just the case the plastic cumana one if not must be slim line version:thumbsup:

BLTCON0
31st March 2012, 13:32
You mean something like this?

amigat
31st March 2012, 17:56
yea like that but no floppy or any board

Nathanieltolbert
31st March 2012, 18:02
I think I may have one of those in storage. I will see if I can dig it out and take a picture. It was a supra drive at one point in time, if I remember correctly. Let me look and I'll let you know.

BLTCON0
31st March 2012, 18:27
These Cumana drives (CAX-354) use a very specific PCB and a very specific Sony (IIRC) drive which plugs directly onto the PCB. This allows a secure yet screwless snap-in minimal-size case design.

So if Amigat has the PCB and suitable plug-in drive from a previous CAX-354 unit and is looking to replace the housing, I think it MUST be this for the assembly to properly fit. Although I guess the case from the other version of the CAX-354 (photo1) will do too, as they measure the exact same dimensions and have the connectors placed at the same spots on the back (photo2), it's a snap-in case too most likely built around the same PCB+drive combo anyway.

Mergic
31st March 2012, 21:53
I've got a slimline external floppy for sale HERE (http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=27143). It's not working at the moment so might be suitable for whatever you've got planned? The case is a really good quality steel construction and the drive is held in with a couple of screws. There's a power and ribbon connection on the back.

amigat
1st April 2012, 08:04
hi ok i wait for the other guy first if deal falls thought i go for yours

amigat
3rd April 2012, 08:09
did you manage to find the drive after?

I think I may have one of those in storage. I will see if I can dig it out and take a picture. It was a supra drive at one point in time, if I remember correctly. Let me look and I'll let you know.

Nathanieltolbert
3rd April 2012, 15:35
Yes I found it. It's missing the covering for the end of the cable. and pin one has become disconnected. I need to call Ed and see if he has any Parallel printer brackets and seal the end of the cable after re-connecting pin one. Once I get it done, I'll test the external case to verify that it works.

amigat
3rd April 2012, 15:48
i don't need the floppy drive, cable or board just the case !!!

Yes I found it. It's missing the covering for the end of the cable. and pin one has become disconnected. I need to call Ed and see if he has any Parallel printer brackets and seal the end of the cable after re-connecting pin one. Once I get it done, I'll test the external case to verify that it works.

Nathanieltolbert
3rd April 2012, 16:08
Okay I'll try and take some pictures of it later today after I get back from my interview and you can say what you think.

Akira
4th April 2012, 08:36
Ahh that sucks man, I just threw one out weeks ago :/

amigat
9th April 2012, 12:48
well !!!! what is happening with these photos then?

Nathanieltolbert
9th April 2012, 16:36
Sorry I had work pop up last week. It's funny how whole network systems just seem to fail right before a holiday weekend. I got to spend Easter in a server room resurrecting a network for a company. I have the pictures I've attached them to the bottom of this post.

If you have any questions please let me know. Aside from the obvious, which is why is your desk so messy..
?

amigat
9th April 2012, 22:35
how much do u want for it and how much will postage be to the uk?

Nathanieltolbert
10th April 2012, 06:12
I have no clue. I don't know what shipping would be. It appears to be too long to fit in a small flat rate, and I would be concerned sending it in a jiffy bag. PM me with shipping details and I'll find out shipping for you to make certain that won't break the bank since shipping has gotten ridiculous lately.

amigat
10th April 2012, 08:59
pm sent

amigat
11th April 2012, 18:56
deal made with Nathanieltolbert this thered can now be marked as found

Nathanieltolbert
11th April 2012, 20:05
Payment received. I have the shipping materials, once all shipping information confirmed I will get it shipped. Hopefully here today.

It's shipped. USPS states 6-10 days to reach the United Kingdom. That doesn't include any delay that it is in customs. Please let me know when you get it!

amigat
16th April 2012, 18:15
item recived left feedback

Nathanieltolbert
16th April 2012, 18:19
Wow that got there fast. Did it arrive in one piece?

amigat
16th April 2012, 18:26
yea it's in good condition many thanks for that

Nathanieltolbert
16th April 2012, 18:28
Excellent. I always like to make certain that what I ship arrives safely. It's one of those strange quirks I guess. I've left feedback as well for the transaction. I must say, I hope to be able to work with you again in the future. The people on Amibay are the nicest I've encountered. I am honored to be among them.