Never knowingly underweight
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Country
Wales, UK
Region
Newport
Afternoon all. Thought it was best lumping all this into a "Couple of bits wanted" rather than seperate threads..

Anyway. I appear to have now aquired myself an unexpanded A600.

So, first of all.. 44 way IDE cable. Not going to bother playing with CF type stuff, I've got a bunch of small 2.5" IDE drives lurking about so just going to play with one of those.

Secondly. Expansion memory? I'm a bit out of the loop with the A600, tiny little things that the are.. I suppose trapdoor will give me 2Mb Chip, but what are my options for Fast? Internal? PCMCIA? Cheaper the better obviously.

Lastly, a DB23 connector for the RGB port, or if you have a DB23 to DB9 (for a 1084S) monitor cable complete, that'll do.

Or should I just flog the A600 and put the money towards an A1200? Let's see how much it'll cost to rejuvenate first!

Hmmm. Decisions decisions... :)

Cheers!

Amigakit do a trapdoor expansion with clockport sockests for indivision ecs (so you can use modern screens) and usb. The 2mb sram cards on evil bay are expencive. If you wait for the stock to come in on amigakit they do an aca 030/25 accelerator with a whopping 32mb ram

I'm not sure I want to spend that much money on it to be honest.. The HDD is a no-brainer as I've got loads of small capacity 2.5" IDEs knocking around, so only pennies to add one of those. The extra chipram at least coz the HDD will eat a certain amount of memory. Apart from that, it'll do as something quick I can plug into the telly, well until a cheapy 1200 comes along. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uigiflip
trap door ram £10 sram 2mb card £35 think postage special delivery be about 6 pounds for both

@uigiflip. Pm'ed.

Update for the other bits. I've since found an IDE cable from elsewhere, and I think I'm now OK for the 1084S cable.

Cheers all.

---------- Post added at 21:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

Okey. Deal agreed with uigiflip for the A600 trapdoor expension, payment sent.

Cheers.

payment received post soon has post office reopens after I finish work. I think I might keep the sram for now.

https://plus.google.com/photos/107728071438330610097/albums/5729469845578930801?authkey=CKPf2fHiqqXI-gE

picture of package to be dispatched

m604a_front.jpg

m604a_back.jpg

uigiflip

Last edited:
Arrived safe and sound, and working happily.

Just got around to installing WHDLoad on the A600, now it's a actually usable, and copied a couple of demos across.

By eck, I've not watched Desert Dream on original hardware for what must be over 10 years now.

Bring a tear to a glass eye, that does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom