72MHz DIL Oscillators anyone?

lostrego

AmiBayer
Country
Spain
Region
A Coruña
Seems a hard to find item, does anyone know a source for them ?

At least RS and Farnell don't have it

ive seen some on ebay in 8 pin dil format 5 volt a while back on bin,any use to you?

I'd prefer 14 Pin DIL format but making an adapter for 8 pin ones wouldn't be a major issue though.

I'm looking for one of these to test some OC on my Cyberstorm MKII 060, already at 66Mhz but for what I know these can be safely pushed to 72Mhz with regular 60ns simms.

i cant find any 14 pin ones,but i'll try to find a link to the 8 pin ones for you in a bit.

have you tried amigakit?

edit:i cant seem to find any sorry.try asking amigakit if they supply rthe frequency you require

75mhz any good?

i dont think it will either the cpu or scsi will fail at these speeds i think:)

Nah, the SCSI module just fails with anything beyond 60 MHz or even perhaps 64Mhz, but at 66 Mhz or greater just better to forget it, I've been told once that if you were lucky there are some SCSI modules that will work at 66 Mhz but I doubt so.

For the CPU it's a rev 6 060, theorically it can be pushed even to 80 mhz and even more but on the Cyberstorm MKII you'll limited by the memory's tolerance to that speeds.

Considering that the Cyberstorm MKII only works with old fashioned 72p SIMMS (say maximun of 32MB double sided configurations, instead of the newer single sided 32MB, 64MB and so on) doesn't help a lot either, seems that those newer 72p SIMMS used in Blizzards do tolerate OC better (those can be pushed even to 80 Mhz).

I've tested an 80 MHz oscillator on my Cyberstorm an the amiga even boots but once it reboots for sotfkicking and loading rom modules I'm rewarded with a nice guru meditation. :LOL:

Well, I'm just messing a bit with it.

Also thanks for help, I'm still seraching :)

if your not using the scsi and using 60ns ram then 70-72mhz is what your looking at,i did have one of each a while ago buts its always the same,when someone wants one ive given it away to someone else or thrown it out.

No prob. I'll look around, maybe I should put a request on the wanted forum.

And well I got the same 72 Mhz conclusion for it just lurking around forums and such, mine was clocked at 66Mhz for years and ran solid as a rock with a rev 1 060 but as I've changed it to a rev 6, I just want to take jome more juice of it. ;)

Other option can be trying to get some of those ultra rare and even more ultra expensive 50ns SIMMS but that's not worth for me.

Back
Top Bottom